WOWHEAD Cheat sheet of Healer Changes for 6.0 and Beyonf

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Mahlaa
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

WOWHEAD Cheat sheet of Healer Changes for 6.0 and Beyonf

Post#1 » 10 Oct 2014, 18:42

Shaank
Mythic Raider
Mythic Raider

Re: WOWHEAD Cheat sheet of Healer Changes for 6.0 and Beyonf

Post#2 » 10 Oct 2014, 20:38

Do you know if we can still get away with having little spirit with the changes ? Didn't really see anything on that. And guess will have to change my lvl 90 talent since I used the unleash combo with HR.

Mahlaa
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#3 » 11 Oct 2014, 06:22

Shaank, I am not sure at this point, but I am continuing to look for that answer too. Since we will no longer be able to reforge our spirit will be a "fixed stat" like all the others.

I always used UE + HR too. It sounds like we will (can) use Unleash Life with Chain Heal and Single Target Heals.

I listened to a 6.0 and WoD healer twittercast hosted by the WOWHEAD crew and the consensus from the panel was that healers will no longer be able to simply spam heals, much like we do today, or you will drain your mana. One even suggested that early on in WoD raiding healers may have to be given "healing assignments" (tanks or Group 2 for example) due to the changes to all healers and mana regen.

Sunday or Monday I plan to say goodbye to my much beloved Mana Tide Totem and to remake my "OMG OOM" macro :P

Mahlaa

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#4 » 11 Oct 2014, 08:53

Remember, though, that they said it wouldn't be as bad as it was compared to pre-nerf (and pre-shaman buff) Cataclysm heroic dungeons at the beginning of Cata. If you healed back then, you know you can make it through anything. :D

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#5 » 11 Oct 2014, 09:57

I've played holy priest for most of my time on the beta, and from what I've seen there is almost NO spirit on gear.

Secondly, from what I've been seeing, you most definitely can spam heals on the beta since baseline mana regen is really high. The problem is, you can't get caught in spamming too much or else you won't be able to keep up to the demand on healing. It's a different play style than MoP, you have to choose who to heal instead of relying on smart heals to do it for your.

Tanks will be low most of the time you're healing them, it's just the nature of WoD, so you just need to take the time to get used to it.

MOST EFFECIENT HEALS FOR EACH CLASS:

Heal ( This is for holy only, I haven't touched disc as I prefer holy. Holy is pretty much a spam renew, use circle of healing off CD, and use Flash of light procs play style)

Healing Wave (keep in mind that chain heal is really strong aswell, not spammable)

Surging mist + Soothing mist (especially with tier 17 gear because of the multistrike bonus)

Holy light ( Paladins have close to the same gameplay as before besides the new Min/Max with beacon swapping)

Healing touch (although this has been nerfed since they wanted to keep HoT gameplay)

Although I wasn't around in Cata, I can tell you that healing is no where close to being difficult in WoD. Mana is definitely not an issue if you're looking out for it. Unfortunately I never tested mythic, so I don't know how tight mana tuning is for final bosses etc, I do know that mana is actually very abundant resource if you play properly and use mana pots during a fight.

EDIT:

One of the biggest impacts I've seen is the fact that you need to be extremely careful in the way you plan your heals, as it's not just affecting your mana, but the other healers mana aswell. By having mutiple high skill healers in raid testing I saw that healing wasn't necessarily an issue, niether was mana. I've also noticed that having one healer who isn't aware of his mana can ruin the chances of downing a boss. Once you're behind on mana you're behind by a lot.

Shaank
Mythic Raider
Mythic Raider

Post#6 » 11 Oct 2014, 14:45

Boo healing wave haven't used that since ToT , lol Surge, CH, HR all I needed.

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#7 » 11 Oct 2014, 21:22

Good luck using surge in wod, burns through mana like its nothing.

Willow
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#8 » 12 Oct 2014, 09:28

Pretolkos wrote:Remember, though, that they said it wouldn't be as bad as it was compared to pre-nerf (and pre-shaman buff) Cataclysm heroic dungeons at the beginning of Cata. If you healed back then, you know you can make it through anything. :D

I hope this is true! =)

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#9 » 13 Oct 2014, 12:55

early on in WoD raiding healers may have to be given "healing assignments" (tanks or Group 2 for example) due to the changes to all healers and mana regen.

Just reread this and decided to give my input on the situation:

From what I've seen in Heroic content anyway, it doesn't look like healers will be getting assignements. As bad as that podcast might have been making it out to seem, aoe healing isn't in as bad of a state as they think. On the other hand there might be generic healing assignments like paladins healing tanks, or shamans healing tanks.

STATE OF HEALING CD'S:

Revival [Monk]: Eh, its alright, doesn't heal for as much as the others but dispel component works nicely.

Tranquility [Druid]: Probably better if not equal to Healing Tide going into WoD. Remember that Tranq is now only RESTORATION spec.

Healing Tide [Shaman]: A little bit worse than tranquility for sustained aoe damage

Divine Hymn [Priest]: Probably the strongest healing cd that there is right now. If used with tranquility it guaruntees a topped off raid

Devotion Aura [Paladin]
: Same as usual. Strong on specific fights, but not all of them. Remember that devo now only HOLY spec.

Aubreymarie

Post#10 » 31 Oct 2014, 08:12

So basically it's back to healing like in icc times =) ...I already heal in that style thank God. I have played too many yrs,, so the everyone's a raid healer thing was terrible. So for me, glad it's going back to better times where you can't just stand there and pad your numbers. You actually have to know what you are doing, sweet! The healing addon where they can see when you are popping your cd's yet still try to override your cd seems now like that wont be happening in wod, so yes I am thankful.

Return to “Open Discussion”