Leave of absence

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Conser
Guild Member
Guild Member

Leave of absence

Post#1 » 27 Nov 2015, 12:53

Due to the fact that I have a ridiculous backlog of games and reading built up, I'm going to let my sub run out on Dec 24 for a couple months to get caught up on those. I WILL be back, though. I'm just not sure when. Probably after I get done with Fallout 4.

Cya when I cya.

Warmsodas

Re: Leave of absence

Post#2 » 27 Nov 2015, 13:08

Enjoy the time off

Conser
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 28 Nov 2015, 00:08

My computer might. The damn thing runs hot whenever I'm in draenor. It gets to the point where I have to cover my room's vent sometimes. Bad thing is that it's an alienware that's only around 3 years old.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#4 » 28 Nov 2015, 04:34

Conser wrote:My computer might. The damn thing runs hot whenever I'm in draenor. It gets to the point where I have to cover my room's vent sometimes. Bad thing is that it's an alienware that's only around 3 years old.

1) If its 3 years old, have you ever opened it and used a can (or two) of compressed air, especially if you have any pets. Restricted air flow is the number 1 reason PCs overheat. It is very very simple to do.

2) Second most common reason would be a fan took a dump... while you have the case open, without touching anything inside of course, turn the unit on and look at all the case fans, cpu fan and gpu fan to ensure they are spinning. Those will only cost you a couple bucks. If that is the problem, pop the fan out (after you turn it back off) and take some measurements if the size isnt listed and you can snag it from amazon or newegg.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Conser
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#5 » 29 Nov 2015, 05:36

Bellarionna wrote:
Conser wrote:My computer might. The damn thing runs hot whenever I'm in draenor. It gets to the point where I have to cover my room's vent sometimes. Bad thing is that it's an alienware that's only around 3 years old.

1) If its 3 years old, have you ever opened it and used a can (or two) of compressed air, especially if you have any pets. Restricted air flow is the number 1 reason PCs overheat. It is very very simple to do.

2) Second most common reason would be a fan took a dump... while you have the case open, without touching anything inside of course, turn the unit on and look at all the case fans, cpu fan and gpu fan to ensure they are spinning. Those will only cost you a couple bucks. If that is the problem, pop the fan out (after you turn it back off) and take some measurements if the size isnt listed and you can snag it from amazon or newegg.

1. Probably need to do that. If I can get ahold of a can of air. Ran out a few months ago.

2. Nah, it's the fans that are causing the heat. The system is water cooled. The heat builds up there are the fans expel it I believe.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#6 » 29 Nov 2015, 07:53

That's what I'm saying... if any of those fans are not working it'll keep the heat in the case... I'm not a water cooler type of person but maybe they are relying to heavily on the water cooling itself. Check our if there is a place you could just add a case fan or two in addition to the water cooling.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Conser
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#7 » 01 Dec 2015, 23:27

Well, got the computer opened up last night and man there was a lot of dust. Not as much as I thought there would be (hadn't opened it before in the 3 years I've had it), but there was still quite a bit. Now instead of roaring during wow, my baby purrs.

Return to “Open Discussion”