If you decide to bot!

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Tiziana
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: If you decide to bot!

Post#31 » 23 May 2016, 18:31

“If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see.”
― Henry David Thoreau

Infe

Post#32 » 23 May 2016, 18:31

SGTMinor wrote:It's cheating, literately cheating, not figuratively, not kind of. It's a 100% cheating this post didn't seem to offensive to me but, the fact that people are mad that someone is angry about people cheating. the fuck is that? How can you guys be offended for someone being at mad you for cheating? what? i don't get it. If you cheat, and someone offended you for cheating, i think that comes with cheating. And if you don't like it, don't cheat. IT IS CHEATING.

No chill.

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#33 » 23 May 2016, 18:37

Infe I wonder if your life is like one big meme lmao. Sometimes you make my day with forums posts.

Infe

Post#34 » 23 May 2016, 18:42

Magnifeye wrote:Infe I wonder if your life is like one big meme lmao. Sometimes you make my day with forums posts.

8)

Packhunter
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#35 » 23 May 2016, 18:58

I feel like the odd 3rd wheel here, since I've seen the affects of bots first hand, and I also see their future being decided by others besides Blizzard.

Now anyone who takes a moment to look up my achievements, will see that I did a big one Pre-BC, when there were a load of bots. I remember whole guilds in Vanilla being nothing but bots to farm resources to sell them at cut throat prices so they could sell gold to the players, it's not that bad anymore. I am proud of the fact that I never have used one since I feel it diminished your achievements in game. Sorta' like using PED and winning a gold medal, setting records, or helping your team win a championship.

That being said I know the German Supreme Court is looking into matters like this.
http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/22/germa ... entire-eu/

I don't feel sorry for anyone who bots and is suspended or banned by Blizzard. As long as the terms of use are, we are all generally aware of them. Using a bot is against the terms of use, and in Blizzard's defence they've recently shown some flexibility in working with outside parties who have broken the TOU. They invited the guys who had their own vanilla servers up for a chat, after telling them to take it down. It's not like Blizzard is this hard cooperate machine where the law is the law is the law.

Alright I've said my piece, please feel free to your regularly bacon sponsored program.

Tdrood
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#36 » 23 May 2016, 19:02

My two cents because this post, first and foremost, made me laugh hysterically.

THIS IS A GAME

A, down, up, A, down, up
... There. Just made it rain

Sublime
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#37 » 24 May 2016, 16:39

Everyone in the guild knows how I feel, I've preached "do whats best for the team before doing whats best for yourself" for all of WoD. Forget the cheating aspect of it, and I do agree it's most definitely cheating. If you are a raider on any team and you bot, you are risking your position on the team, you can't raid if you're banned. I would file that under the "caring more about yourself than your team" category.

Evolutious

Post#38 » 24 May 2016, 17:02

Just to be clear; I do not believe that anyone that has made a reply on this thread supports the use of bots or the act of illegal botting within World of Warcraft. I would also agree that using illegal bots for automated game play is a poor reflection of respect for the others on the team that you are part of.

Tyronian
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#39 » 24 May 2016, 19:53

The only bot that I support is the one used by the guy who runs https://wowtoken.info/ to keep it up to date. But there's probably also plenty of casual botting that isn't being used to gain am advantage over other players, and I don't really care about those botters.

Jaedaddy

Post#40 » 05 Jun 2016, 10:40

+1 for the e-drama
#1stWorldProblems
#AgreeWithNumi
#WTFTizDeadPoetSociety

Infe

Post#41 » 05 Jun 2016, 11:28

Jaedaddy wrote:+1 for the e-drama
#1stWorldProblems
#AgreeWithNumi
#WTFTizDeadPoetSociety

-1 digging up old threads lol :P

Jaedaddy

Post#42 » 05 Jun 2016, 11:48

Infe wrote:
#1stWorldProblems
#AgreeWithNumi
#WTFTizDeadPoetSociety

-1 digging up old threads lol :P

Hey now!!!...

Actually, I just realized how dead this was! Good point!... I used the unread posts button, and was going through the forums when I saw this. That's what I get for trying to stay "updated" on forum e-drama!

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#43 » 05 Jun 2016, 16:36

#1stWorldProblems
#AgreeWithNumi
#WTFTizDeadPoetSociety

really o.o really this was a forgotten thread why bring it back into the sunlight O.o and now it makes me remember how much i hate cocksuckers who fuck there teams and get perma banned for botting some people i tell ya .

--skeletor--
Last edited by Skeletor on 05 Jun 2016, 16:38, edited 3 times in total.
--First to clock in and the last to leave--

skeletor#1513
http://www.twitch.tv/skellytheskull
--Stormrage--
-110 Skeletor Assassin / Outlaw
-100 Dràculà Destro / Affliction
-100 Téchniné Boomkin / Resto
-100 Heman Prot

Jaedaddy

Post#44 » 05 Jun 2016, 16:37

Skeletor wrote:
#1stWorldProblems
#AgreeWithNumi
#WTFTizDeadPoetSociety

really o.o really this was a forgotten thread why bring it back into the sunlight O.o some people i tell ya .

--skeletor--

I apologized Skele! I am so sorry! :cry:

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#45 » 05 Jun 2016, 16:39

its ok jdaddy i forgive you wb wub wub <3

--skeletor--
--First to clock in and the last to leave--

skeletor#1513
http://www.twitch.tv/skellytheskull