Who Else Is Loving Hearthstone?

We're not just limited to WoW!
Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Who Else Is Loving Hearthstone?

Post#1 » 05 Dec 2013, 22:20

I got my beta invite to Blizzard's "new" Hearthstone card game last week, and it has eaten up every waking hour of my time since. It is absolutely addictive.

Who else plays?

Post here or PM me your RealIDs and maybe we can talk shop and play a few games.
The Champ Is Here.

Tigridia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who Else Is Loving Hearthstone?

Post#2 » 06 Dec 2013, 05:10

I've had a beta key since 14 November but haven't had time to look at it, yet. Considering giving it away.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#3 » 06 Dec 2013, 08:06

Tigridia wrote:I've had a beta key since 14 November but haven't had time to look at it, yet. Considering giving it away.

I know Bell signed up for the beta and has been really anxious to get a key... but has not had any luck yet.
The Champ Is Here.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#4 » 06 Dec 2013, 21:28

I'd take the key if you were going to give it away or not use it... but i can wait if you wanted to try it out!
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Tigridia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » 07 Dec 2013, 08:51

I would like to give it to you, Bell, although I was thinking about an actual public giveaway to create some attention for the guild. Something like the simple "Post in this thread to get a ticket for the drawing" things that we sometimes see on the popular sites. Not sure if it's a good or a bad idea. Too much traffic could bring our server down. ;)

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#6 » 07 Dec 2013, 09:06

If you plan on doing a giveaway, I'd encourage you to be quick. Although it could be moved back, the devs at Blizzcon said open beta would start in December. They also recently said they plan on inviting everybody who has opted in before they launch the open beta. Since they had some trouble with server stability right around Blizzcon, it's possible that their plans may get pushed back, but the server seems pretty stable to me.

And I'm enjoying Hearthstone quite a bit. I'm feeling a bit constrained by not having the "right" cards at times, but I'm still winning on a regular basis so I can't complain. I don't know if it will keep my interest, but I'll log on when I have 15 minutes for a quick game.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#7 » 07 Dec 2013, 10:29

Pretolkos wrote:If you plan on doing a giveaway, I'd encourage you to be quick. Although it could be moved back, the devs at Blizzcon said open beta would start in December. They also recently said they plan on inviting everybody who has opted in before they launch the open beta. Since they had some trouble with server stability right around Blizzcon, it's possible that their plans may get pushed back, but the server seems pretty stable to me.

And I'm enjoying Hearthstone quite a bit. I'm feeling a bit constrained by not having the "right" cards at times, but I'm still winning on a regular basis so I can't complain. I don't know if it will keep my interest, but I'll log on when I have 15 minutes for a quick game.

We should play a match or two when you have some time. I don't have great decks but I find it more fun to put together my own instead of using a recommended deck list from someone else... so its been an up and down win/loss ratio for me so far, lol.

Cremate#1651
The Champ Is Here.

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#8 » 07 Dec 2013, 10:55

My battletag is Pretolkos#1397, for anybody interested in playing a game. :D

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#9 » 07 Dec 2013, 12:06

I dislike double-posting, but I didn't want to edit my last post and risk people missing this info. There's a free Hearthstone tournament today, for those who are available and interested. Sign ups have to be completed in the next hour or two, check-in by 1:55pm EST, and the tournament starts at 2pm.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/219-mlg-m ... nd-top-100

I only have one deck I've ever bothered to make competitive but apparently that's all I need, so I might try this.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#10 » 07 Dec 2013, 13:17

Had I heard about it earlier, I would probably be down for that tournament, but it starts in a half hour, I have to run an errand, and I haven't even signed up yet. I did however, except your friend request... looking forward to playing some matches. Right now I'm just trying to do all the achievements that give you a gold reward, so I can use the gold to get card packs, to improve my decks.

Edit: Oh, and what class do you play?
The Champ Is Here.

Raconlok

Post#11 » 07 Dec 2013, 16:24

Cremate, just a side note - STRONGLY recommend doing the draft thing instead of buying packs. No matter how poorly you do, you are guaranteed a pack reward, and it's only like 30 gold more than a pack to begin with. Plus you get to see alot more different cards, and can get more gold/dust for crafting out of it. I think starting that play mode requires something 3 games with each character type?

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#12 » 09 Dec 2013, 08:24

Raconlok wrote:Cremate, just a side note - STRONGLY recommend doing the draft thing instead of buying packs. No matter how poorly you do, you are guaranteed a pack reward, and it's only like 30 gold more than a pack to begin with. Plus you get to see alot more different cards, and can get more gold/dust for crafting out of it. I think starting that play mode requires something 3 games with each character type?

? Out of the blue. But I've already unlocked all the characters, and have been doing the Arena. It's not as fun for me. I like to play with a deck I created... not some random drafted deck without the card chemistry that I tweaked over and over in my own deck.
The Champ Is Here.

Raconlok

Post#13 » 09 Dec 2013, 09:20

Guess I came on kinda strong there - sorry! I was responding to seeing you talk about buying packs. Either way, definitely a fun game.

One of the things I like about Arena, is the chance to play with a lot of different cards that I don't yet have for my own collection.

Return to “Other Games”