Black Desert Online

We're not just limited to WoW!
Averagetroll

Black Desert Online

Post#1 » 28 Feb 2016, 08:22

I picked it up, game doesn't actually release here until March 3rd, but was wondering if anyone else is going to be giving it a try.

Thirdeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Re: Black Desert Online

Post#2 » 28 Feb 2016, 19:45

Looks like a cool game, although once again people are hyping it up that its going to kill wow (kungen) which ends up always ruining the game. Would like to try it tho

Stormstout
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#4 » 28 Feb 2016, 20:17

Good video has a really good point lol

Thirdeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#5 » 28 Feb 2016, 23:28

Allexia wrote:https://youtu.be/jTHsll9LFZ4

good points heres a good youtube comment though.... WoW was the first mmorpg to "copy" what others were doing. Primarily from Everquest. So to say it's the other games that copy WoW isn't exactly true. --yt comment

Allexia

Post#6 » 28 Feb 2016, 23:42

Don't disagree Third, the point I care about more is the everything else is too derivative of WoW to stand on it's own.

Houtoku
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#7 » 29 Feb 2016, 01:18

Why's it gotta be a Black Desert though?
Houtoku - 100 Death Knight (Unholy)
Malgan - 100 Paladin (Holy)
Daelen - 100 Mage
Khalur - 100 Warlock
Malfor - 100 Druid (Guardian)
Carcharocles - 100 Warrior (Protection)
Malastor - 100 Rogue
Celerion - 100 Hunter
Haedrem - 100 Shaman

Averagetroll

Post#8 » 29 Feb 2016, 06:24

If you look at some of the features and what not of the game it's not even relateable to WoW whatsoever, supposed to be extremely challenging, Open World Bosses are the only PvE raids atm, PVP Sieges, Guilds take over a node and can be Sieged, I really like the trading/fishing/Crafting looks in this game, not to mention you could breed horses if you wished too. Combat system looks more unique imo.

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#9 » 29 Feb 2016, 06:44

Averagetroll is a horse breeder... noted.
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#10 » 29 Feb 2016, 06:56

After watching Alex's video, this one started playing. This seems like a really good video on why WoW won't die.
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Averagetroll

Post#11 » 29 Feb 2016, 09:53

Sonick wrote:Averagetroll is a horse breeder... noted.

I would like it to be noted that I breed the horses together, not with them.

Allexia

Post#12 » 29 Feb 2016, 16:22

Sonick wrote:After watching Alex's video, this one started playing. This seems like a really good video on why WoW won't die.

Yea I watched that one too and it has solid points.

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#13 » 29 Feb 2016, 17:15

Allexia wrote:https://youtu.be/jTHsll9LFZ4

One thing videos like this never take into account is the elephant in the room. You have to think of the confines within an MMORPG. The limits you have because its a game. The reason why WoW is unkillable by other games is because they covered EVERYTHING. In depth PVP. Covered. Content. Covered a million times over. Character customization/uniqueness. Covered. General range of playable classes and roles as well as the fantasy within those class. Covered.

Everyone who logs in and says "I'm bored". Its not that there isn't anything to do. Its that they don't have the time or the knowledge to find something to do. I promise you there is a title you don't have or a mount you don't have yet.

Other than all that there's just nothing "new" any other MMO's can bring to the table. They try and introduce something WoW doesn't have but its 100% likely that doesn't exist.

Tbh I don't want another MMO. I don't want WoW to die because I have achievements and titles you can't get any more. Who wants to start over? I love being able to show those off. It labels me as a veteran of the game. While being such doesn't exactly garner the same awe it used to its still pretty cool when I get comments about how awesome that title is.

WoW started in the only era an MMO could gain any real ground. That era is over. Our best bet is to hope Blizz figures something out in the coming expansions to make WoW really stand out again. Until then everything is going to feel like a watered down WoW copy.
The Doctor: I strongly advise you to keep out of my way.
You’ll find that it’s a very small universe when I’m angry with you.

Allexia

Post#14 » 29 Feb 2016, 22:21

Proof wrote:I don't want WoW to die because I have achievements and titles you can't get any more. Who wants to start over? I love being able to show those off. It labels me as a veteran of the game. While being such doesn't exactly garner the same awe it used to its still pretty cool when I get comments about how awesome that title is.

WoW started in the only era an MMO could gain any real ground. That era is over. Our best bet is to hope Blizz figures something out in the coming expansions to make WoW really stand out again. Until then everything is going to feel like a watered down WoW copy.

All this, especially underlined. I love being able to show off my T3/Bene.

Slaine

Post#15 » 02 Mar 2016, 11:54

Thirdeye wrote:Looks like a cool game, although once again people are hyping it up that its going to kill wow (kungen) which ends up always ruining the game. Would like to try it tho

KUNGEN is a fucking retarded mongoloid that lives off of his past "fame" where he was in a top world guild. The guy is a wash up douchebag and talks allot of shit but always comes back to wow because u know. Wow = Crack.

All he does is talk about how wow is easy now and how "hard" it was back in the stone age and how much better he thinks he is than other tanks in today's top world guilds. The guy reminds me of a old fkn man sitting on the porch telling war stories to the little children who are bored out of their fucking minds and have nothing better to do with their time then amuse the easily amused.

I almost feel sorry him...well not rly.

Return to “Other Games”