Tera Online

We're not just limited to WoW!
Ninjapaws

Tera Online

Post#1 » 08 Jul 2012, 00:55

anyone want to try this with me at the end of the summer( mid september?)

me and a friend have been researching this new MMO, and its looking great, besides the current end-game content state(which should be fixed by mid summer)

the combat system is spose to be amazing, entirely skill based. it requires you to move, aim spells, and manually dodge and parry attacks. you must do everything at certain times or it leaves you open. the more skill you have the less damage you will take and more damage you will deal. meaning you could have the best gear in the game and be beaten by a very skilled player with crap just hit 60 gear.

pretty much its the most "realistic" mmo combat system released, ive played the beta a bit and the combat system was VERY FUN, a huge change from the normal see who can be burst down the fastest.

besides that, there are other aspects of the game which are innovative and interesting. for example, Political System!
you run to be "president" aka Vanarch of one of the 3 continents. http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/political-system

the run down is, you must be atleast level 50, be a leader of a level 3 guild with atleast 20 members, pay some ingame money and points for registration. thn you gotta campaign across the content for votes...YES THE PLAYERS no mater what guild or level you are, can vote for the new leader of the continent(s) you can vote in all 3 elections. once elected you have "special powers"

"•Raise or lower individual tax rates on several categories of transactions. Any gold you earn as a result is yours to keep!
•Open specialty shops, with items not available anywhere else.
•Add skill trainers in remote locations, allowing characters to stay in your province and spend more gold more often.
•Upgrade the abilities of stamina restoring clerics—something which may come in handy if somebody dies on your watch due to "friendly fire."
•Enable access to trade brokers on certain continents.
•Adjust the PvP settings for your province on certain continents (and only on PvP servers, of course). "

PLUS your guild gets special mounts (the fastest in the game) when you become elected but only usable WHILE YOU ARE still in term. Terms only last 3 weeks. but the pay off for just 1 term of "president" is rediclous and awesome.

anyway its 2 things i find EXTREMELY fun and interesting about this new game. the only downsides to the game i see is the grind to max level, its a korean game, face it its a grind like no other. for me thats not a problem, but i know alot of you wow games love your quests and dont like to grind on mobs, i personally love it, DAOC(original) the best MMO ever released was a non stop grind, you had your 1-20 kill tasks(quests) then 20-45 was grind and 45-50 was grind/epic gear set quests. in the end it was FUN and grinding if your actually good, takes you less time and while mindless, is still really fun imo

Ninjapaws

Re: Tera Online

Post#2 » 08 Jul 2012, 01:19

more fun is...people can create their own tournments/events in-game, set prizes(which i believe are taken server side to ensure honesty) for the winners. and anyone can join these events/tournments. fun fun

Ninjapaws

Re: Tera Online

Post#3 » 08 Jul 2012, 01:42

http://tera.enmasse.com/try-tera

i suggest trying the demo, which is 30 minutes of the game, still fun tho gives you liek a sneak peak with out having to make a new account and entering your information. its kinda like hey here is a sneak peak of what we have for you, you can take it or leave it. you will most likely love it, but we do this anyway to keep it from being a hassle on you.

also demo takes like 30x less time to install then the actual game :P

Return to “Other Games”