Bought FFXIV: ARR for my xmas present to myself

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Conser
Guild Member
Guild Member

Bought FFXIV: ARR for my xmas present to myself

Post#1 » 28 Dec 2014, 03:04

And I'm having a lot of fun in it.

1. They do no flying right. Every so often they have these aethernet crystals which you can attune yourself to (not that kind of attunement, just a right click) and you'll be able to teleport yourself there from anywhere else in the world for a small fee.

2. All the races are equal. There's no op racials or anything like that in the game and since there's only one playable faction (the good guys) there's no faction bias either.

3. The classes are awesome. You can be any class you want and freely switch between them. On my character, I've got warrior at around level 11, rogue at 30, and pugilist (think monk w/ fist weapons) at 12. As soon as I get it (pugilist) to 15. I'll do the quest needed and become a ninja.

4. Mounts are pretty cool. Only got 3 so far and had to wait awhile to ride them since you have to get to a certain point in the storyline to do so. There's no flying mounts (not yet, at least) which is a bit of a bummer, but each mount (so far) comes with it's own travel music.

5. Questing is pretty fun in the game. Mobs are open tag and some of them are even phased. The rewards are also very good.

6. Since I've just started (Dec 16th or 17th), I've only been in low level instances, but it's been pretty fun. It's 4 to a party with 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 dps (1 ranged and 1 melee from my experience). The maps can be confusing at times (nowhere near wailing caverns or blackfathom deeps, though).

So if you want to join me, I'm on the Aether data center, adamantoise world server. My character's name is Conser Bartheo.

Hohenheim
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: Bought FFXIV: ARR for my xmas present to myself

Post#2 » 06 Jan 2015, 21:52

i have a character on that server as well, really love that game, quite fun.

Return to “Open Discussion”