What will you boost to 100?

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Jaedaddy

Re: What will you boost to 100?

Post#16 » 11 Nov 2015, 11:46

Willow wrote:Ooh level three garrison... I'm tempted to boost my 96 shaman then...

Not worth IMO! I have been able to get a level 3 garrison by the time I get to100 on my last two characters. You simply get a lumber mill, keep work orders going the whole time, you should have enough resources and gold by then. I'm not sure $60 is worth the little bit of gear and the level 3 garrison. As far as time commitment goes, you may want to use it for another character.

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#17 » 11 Nov 2015, 13:34

Yeah you can easily get 7k+ questing from 90-100
The Doctor: I strongly advise you to keep out of my way.
You’ll find that it’s a very small universe when I’m angry with you.

Argalin

Post#18 » 11 Nov 2015, 14:08

A demon hunter...

Jaedaddy

Post#19 » 11 Nov 2015, 14:20

Argalin wrote:A demon hunter...

But they start at level 98, I believe with ilvl 660 gear, at least that's what mine started out at when I created one at Blizzcon.

Argalin

Post#20 » 11 Nov 2015, 14:37

It was a joke. :)

Jaedaddy

Post#21 » 11 Nov 2015, 15:31

Argalin wrote:It was a joke. :)
I'm slow and have a horrible sense of humor :oops:

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#22 » 11 Nov 2015, 16:38

For me it's probably a toss up between boosting my mage or my priest. I already have 6 level 100's so I don't have many options.

Willow
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#23 » 11 Nov 2015, 16:56

Jaedaddy wrote:
Willow wrote:Ooh level three garrison... I'm tempted to boost my 96 shaman then...

Not worth IMO! I have been able to get a level 3 garrison by the time I get to100 on my last two characters. You simply get a lumber mill, keep work orders going the whole time, you should have enough resources and gold by then. I'm not sure $60 is worth the little bit of gear and the level 3 garrison. As far as time commitment goes, you may want to use it for another character.

None of my alts get beyond tier two. I don't have time to work the garrisons and I don't collect the followers because my alts level through dungeons and bonus objectives.

It doesn't matter much. I have one of everything and all but one is 90+... I still have plenty of time to pick something and change my mind repeatedly! ☺️

Houtoku
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#24 » 11 Nov 2015, 20:24

Are the Garrisons going to be coming back in Legion with a purpose? Or is the level 3 Garrison thing just for people who boost to 100 now so they're not too far behind?
Houtoku - 100 Death Knight (Unholy)
Malgan - 100 Paladin (Holy)
Daelen - 100 Mage
Khalur - 100 Warlock
Malfor - 100 Druid (Guardian)
Carcharocles - 100 Warrior (Protection)
Malastor - 100 Rogue
Celerion - 100 Hunter
Haedrem - 100 Shaman

Jaedaddy

Post#25 » 11 Nov 2015, 20:34

Houtoku wrote:Are the Garrisons going to be coming back in Legion with a purpose? Or is the level 3 Garrison thing just for people who boost to 100 now so they're not too far behind?

The devs were very purposeful in saying that Garrisons will STAY in Draenor. As you mentioned, it is so that you are not far behind if you decide to boost sometime in the next 10 months (before the x-pac).

Furthermore, they clarified that they wanted us to go back to gathering places. In Legion that will be:
1) Dalaran - my understanding is this will be all races
2) Class Order Halls - All races of a specific class

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#26 » 12 Nov 2015, 03:15

No garrisons? Screw class order halls. I would much rather have guild housing.
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Tyronian
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#27 » 12 Nov 2015, 12:01

Ugh, so hard to choose after reading all the class previews...

This part from the Druid one might've helped me make up my mind, though:

...we’re taking a new route by replacing Heart of the Wild with a full row of Affinity talents, which essentially allow every Druid to choose an off-spec from the remaining three specializations.

Affinities provide two benefits: first, a passive ability that is useful at all times, even to your main role; second, access to multiple key abilities to use in associated shapeshifting forms. To give you a sense for how choosing your Affinity will impact gameplay, regardless of what form you’re in, here’s a look at the passive abilities they grant:

Balance Affinity
Astral Influence: Increases the range of all spells, abilities, and autoattacks by 5 yds.
Feral Affinity
Feline Swiftness: Increases movement speed by 15%.
Guardian Affinity
Thick Hide: Reduces all damage taken by 10%.
Restoration Affinity
Ysera’s Gift: Constantly heals the Druid, or allies when the Druid is at full health.
---
Whatwhatwhaaaaaat?? A feral druid with balance affinity that can cast everything at (a small) range!??! Why, hello Feralance druid! A boomkin (reworked, btw, which I like the looks of too) that constantly puts out healing (as long as its at 100% heal itself)??! Oh, hi there Restokin!!

Sounds awesome.

Jaedaddy

Post#28 » 12 Nov 2015, 12:19

Tyronian wrote: A boomkin (reworked, btw, which I like the looks of too) that constantly puts out healing (as long as its at 100% heal itself)??! Oh, hi there Restokin!!

Sounds awesome.

These do seem OP. Too bad the healing will probably be like 2k HPS :-P

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#29 » 12 Nov 2015, 13:18

Well druids currently have that talent (Ysera's gift), it doesn't really do too much. Its 4% of max health ever 5 seconds, but not OP by any means.

But Guardians can now cast moonfire in bear form. LAZERBEAR

Noodleshot

Post#30 » 12 Nov 2015, 14:23

I might boost a pally...probably ret. I'm tired of tanking and healing bores me :P

Return to “Open Discussion”