the horrid state of disrepair my ui ended up in

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Azgrul

the horrid state of disrepair my ui ended up in

Post#1 » 13 Dec 2015, 23:36

any tips or suggestion for the attrocity that is my ui atm
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121315_203255.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121315_203255.jpg (249.83 KiB) Viewed 6949 times

JeremyDwayne

Re: the horrid state of disrepair my ui ended up in

Post#2 » 14 Dec 2015, 00:53

Condense the action bar down to only what you need. I see a lot of stuff that is just pointless. like ALL of those mounts (I'm counting like 30 mounts?.. some are duplicates too! come on..) change that to like.. the favorite mounts button, the repair mount, and your absolute favorite flying mount..

Some class abilities you only use on a blue moon like portal, three of the same thing, etc.. Try to get that down to only the bare necessities to raid.

sexy map.. mess with the different presets. I personally like the square one. Though I've reverted to the default blizzard one.

Hide the micro bar, xp/rep bar, and bag bar. really pointless to have any of those.

With such a low resolution, you need to have as few of things on your screen as possible.

Azgrul

Post#3 » 14 Dec 2015, 10:07

smoe of them are macros that share icons same with the mounts but ya i need to drop em

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#4 » 14 Dec 2015, 11:05

I feel like if you pvp'ed I could sneak up behind you as a tauren and you wouldn't know until it was too late. Agree with JD. Definitely look into a better bar management system.
The Doctor: I strongly advise you to keep out of my way.
You’ll find that it’s a very small universe when I’m angry with you.

Kalistae
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#5 » 14 Dec 2015, 12:58

May want to consider reducing the chat window size or getting a chat addon that can do such. It's taking up a good amount of real estate.

Also might be helpful to post an image during combat to see what else is popping up and taking space (i.e. any WeakAuras, timer bars, combat text, etc.).

Azgrul

Post#6 » 14 Dec 2015, 18:08

dbm on top weak auras on bottom
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121415_150225.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121415_150225.jpg (371.22 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
WoWScrnShot_121415_150756.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121415_150756.jpg (318.41 KiB) Viewed 6892 times

Azgrul

Post#7 » 14 Dec 2015, 18:15

chat collapse helps though

Kalistae
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#8 » 14 Dec 2015, 19:30

I'd agree that as many of those extra mounts as possible be moved off of your action bars to make way for the essential skills. I'm not sure how many heavily-used combat skills mages have, but as a rogue I can get by with 2 1/2, 3 tops if I throw in some situational macros. That would give you a lot more free space on the bottom of the screen.

Professions, portals, hearthstones, mounts, raid mats except for potions, etc. can be consolidated on those right-side bars that are more out-of-the-way. You've already got a good thing going there but some more stuff could be shifted over if some mounts are removed.

It wouldn't give you a whole lot, but you could collapse the five-bag display into the main bag button and move it to the left of your other menu bar. Allows a bit more vertical room on the right.

For reference, this is what I'm usually looking at. (Stuff being toward the middle of the screen is because I've found it's one of the only ways I pay attention to it enough. That's optional.)

http://imgur.com/a/IHgxJ

Sevirus
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#9 » 14 Dec 2015, 19:33

I would recommend using ElvUI. It may be a bit tricky to setup/get used to, but it's generally much cleaner and consolidates things so it's not so cluttered.

Azgrul

Post#10 » 14 Dec 2015, 21:59

ive thought about elv as you said its complex so if youd be alright with showin me how to set it up i could definently get into it. another issue is i dont name some of the names of addons like the one that makes the health bars black and smaller and rectangular so they are placed more towards the center of the screen

Jaedaddy

Post#11 » 15 Dec 2015, 00:57

Sevirus wrote:I would recommend using ElvUI. It may be a bit tricky to setup/get used to, but it's generally much cleaner and consolidates things so it's not so cluttered.

ElvUI = Master Race
Take the time to go through every tab and setting
Place you player and Target frames in a more central location (default in the ElvUI formats).
I recommend the supplement Shadow and Light for ElvUI
Other than DBM, Exorsus, and Weak auras you won't need any other addons!
I've helped several people get theirs setup.
If you chose ElvUI, which I hope you do... Hit me up after you've setup the look and feel to your choice.
I'll post my mage's UI later as an example.

Azgrul

Post#12 » 15 Dec 2015, 01:46

tried to download it got confused instantly

Jaedaddy

Post#13 » 15 Dec 2015, 07:36

Azgrul wrote:tried to download it got confused instantly

It is like every other addon!
Download the folders into your WOW addon folder.
That's it.
This is how it was done for about 5-7 years before curse Downloader.

Jaedaddy

Post#14 » 15 Dec 2015, 09:14

Ok, so here is my Mage's UI... It's not the cleanest... My Action Bars could be much smaller and my player/target frames don't have to be so big, but I like it ;)

The first one is in combat, casting, in DBM test mode
The second one is in combat, not casting, in DBM test mode, with all areas of the UI explained via yellow writing.
This is just one possible solution with ElvUI.

Sevirus
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#15 » 15 Dec 2015, 10:49

Like Jae said, go through all of the tabs and see what they do, and adjust to your liking. It's confusing at first, but once you get used to it it makes a huge difference in cleaning up your UI. I'll be on later today, if you need to ask me any questions. I also know that there are others in guild who use ElvUI so they can be of help too! :D

Return to “Open Discussion”