Video Competition Idea

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Cameliia

Video Competition Idea

Post#1 » 10 Feb 2016, 21:31

Hey there,

Okay, so I'm obsessed with Skelly's videos. I love the fact that he's found something fun to do that brings Guildies together outside of your typical raid/dungeon environment. He's only one man though, and can't make enough videos to feed my addiction... hence this post <3

I'm looking to feel out what the interest would be of holding a video competition. I'll personally award 100k to 1st place, 50k to second, 20k to third. You would need to submit a video to gain a spot in the competition just so that we know that you're taking it seriously. Here's how it would work:

- You enter your submission to see if you qualify (hopefully there will be a wide enough interest)

- We narrow it down to the 5-10 best contestants.

- Those who make it into the competition will then need to make 3 videos that we will rank separately
Video 1 - To a song of your choice
Video 2 - To a song of our choice ( we may provide you with a small list to choose from)
Video 3 - Something that will make us laugh out loud.
Each video must consist of 3 or more guildies ( you can screen shot them with their guild name and tag and credit them at the end of your video... you don't need to have the tags on while making it as that would just mess up the look of the shots)

Videos will be ranked according to the following criteria:

- Quality/Fluidity: How well does your video fit together? Does it flow together nice and smooth? Is it choppy and repetitive? We are looking at how well it will be edited.

- Creativity: Does your video make sense? Does it jive well with the song lyrics? Did you make use of any costumes, characters, locations, themes, etc?

- Overall enjoyment: How much did we just love the shit out of your video? Were you able to provoke any emotions.. could we feel the message you were sending?

I need Bell's permission on this first, but if you are interested, go ahead and let me know. Your feedback to make this an awesome competition that guildies would look forward to entering or even just coming on here to see, is hugely appreciated.

<3 you all,

Cam
Last edited by Cameliia on 10 Feb 2016, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.

Numerical

Re: Video Competition Idea (Bell I need your go ahead on this)

Post#2 » 10 Feb 2016, 21:37

Great idea cam!
Numerical - 120 Resto Druid.
Kerwinola - 120 Havoc DH
Vionnet - 110 Resto Shaman
Guccii - 120 Holy/Disc Priest
Cavanagh - 110 Holy/Prot Pally
Capucci - 110 Blood DK
Versatchi - 110 Hunter
Mishika - 110 Warlock
Neave - 120 Mage
Prisha 120 Monk

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 10 Feb 2016, 21:38

I will match 50% of the gold contributed gold for gold to this event

--skeletor--
--First to clock in and the last to leave--

skeletor#1513
http://www.twitch.tv/skellytheskull
--Stormrage--
-110 Skeletor Assassin / Outlaw
-100 Dràculà Destro / Affliction
-100 Téchniné Boomkin / Resto
-100 Heman Prot

Cameliia

Post#4 » 10 Feb 2016, 21:42

Thanks Numi! Does this mean you'll sign up?

And DAMN Skelly, that's going to be one big money pot!!! Thank you for doing that, maybe this will spike people's interest more :)
Last edited by Cameliia on 10 Feb 2016, 21:51, edited 2 times in total.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#5 » 10 Feb 2016, 21:42

Go for it!
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Cameliia

Post#6 » 10 Feb 2016, 21:50

EEEE Sweet, thank you Bell!!!

Okay, so this is definitely happening then. I'm going to give it a few days, give people a chance to think it over and express their interest. Guildies, please do say you're interested in this thread so we know what we're looking at. Once we know how many people are involved, we can go ahead and come up with a deadline for all the submissions. I do want to have at least 3 judges who I want to be anonymous until we reveal our scores for the final videos. That way there is no favouritism or anything like that happening. I want to keep this as honest and fair as possible. I'm super excited.

Skelly, thank you so much for being the inspiration for this!!!

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#7 » 10 Feb 2016, 21:52

XD np cam love making videos and always love to see guildies involved in epic fun adventures XD

--skeletor--

skeletor#1513
--Stormrage--
-100 Heman Prot

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: Video Competition Idea

Post#8 » 10 Feb 2016, 22:29

bump XD

skeletor#1513
--Stormrage--
-100 Heman Prot

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#9 » 10 Feb 2016, 22:36

Cool idea Cam, I feel like dedicating more effort into one single video would be better IMO. I know you want to see as many videos as you can, but would someone be able to just submit a single video into one category.

I would like to do something, but I also just dont have the time to make 3 videos right now.

Or I could just be a judge.

Cameliia

Post#10 » 10 Feb 2016, 22:45

Thanks for the input, Dillweed :) I was hoping to drag this out a little... add some suspense and anticipation, kind of like with American Idol. I want this to be a month long (or longer) competition. Every week they add a new video, we post the results with our feedback to make their next one better etc. Maybe we can do a side competition at the very end of this, where anyone can just submit a video and maybe win 10k.. idk. That being said, I would absolutely love it if you could help judge. I know you have an eye for these things.

Miserie

Post#11 » 11 Feb 2016, 00:49

I c aw n help judge seeing as I have no idea how to edit or make videos lol

Cameliia

Post#12 » 11 Feb 2016, 08:54

Skelly has kindly said that he would show people how to use the program he's been using, so don't count yourself out yet Deuce <3

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#13 » 12 Feb 2016, 05:19

bump :)

skeletor#1513
--Stormrage--
-100 Heman Prot

Valajane
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#14 » 12 Feb 2016, 21:02

I'm not sure I have time to make videos but if anyone needs help in any way I'm in!!
~Vala

Cameliia

Post#15 » 13 Feb 2016, 08:27

I've been listening to a few of you post about the concern for the time involved to make all the videos. I think I got a little too excited and ahead of myself. You're right, that is a lot to ask for lol. Okay, so how about we do a comp for 1 video, of your choosing, that must contain 3+ guildies for 50k reward (that may be bumped up to 75k if Skelly still wants to contribute half)?

Return to “Open Discussion”