Legion Beta

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Stormstout
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Re: Legion Beta

Post#46 » 06 May 2016, 10:35

Still would like to see how my monk has changed healing and tank wise and same with my pally

Evolutious

Post#47 » 06 May 2016, 10:39

Monk tanking changed COMPLETELY! Basically now you hardly use any active mitigation except for the occasional situation; i.e. if your stagger is 50% or higher then use a purify charge; if your health is below 50% use a ironskin brew charge. If you get really low, like 30% use Expel Harm and soak up your GoTO orbs to heal you for a shit ton. That is about it, else you are just leaning on your dodge, high health pool and healers keeping you above dead.

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#48 » 06 May 2016, 11:05

Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matabear - Guardian/Feral -110
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matadh - Vengeance/Havoc - 120
Matadk - Blood/Unholy - 120
Matashami - Ele/Enh - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Stormstout
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#49 » 06 May 2016, 12:07

Matadk wrote:http://www.mistyteahouse.com/legion-mistweaver-changes/

Healer changes

Ive watched a couple vids as to how they are no longer using chi and uplifts as the primary healing. Its more as a direct healer now which just burns my panda..... I chose MW because of the unorthodox play style building chi to cast main healer spells and the fistweaving capability :( with the changes im seeing MW might not be as fun as it currently has been this xpac for me. Tanking ive watched one video describing all the tanking classes which seems to have BrM above average... dunno if thats true. With high hp and dodging etc sounds like they are returning things back to how BC and wrath was. which i enjoyed but not sure if id venture that style with brewmaster

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#50 » 06 May 2016, 13:40

Can't speak for mv as I don't heal. After I check out the new changes from last night's patch i'll be in a better position to comment on brm. Krazy has the gyst of it but that type of tanking style a not my cup of tea.
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Evolutious

Post#51 » 06 May 2016, 16:22

What I like about the style is that it means tanks will need to actually work with the healers and work on cooldowns availability and actually call for cooldowns. When I look at WoD tanking, hardly ever do you find a tank that will call for an external, mainly because tanks are so self reliant; except for Warriors currently.

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#52 » 06 May 2016, 17:12

Krazyfrog wrote:What I like about the style is that it means tanks will need to actually work with the healers and work on cooldowns availability and actually call for cooldowns. When I look at WoD tanking, hardly ever do you find a tank that will call for an external, mainly because tanks are so self reliant; except for Warriors currently.

Yes, this should be across the board for all tanks. Guardian and Pally(less so) received a significant nerf last night to their mitigation bringing them inline with the other tanks. This actually will shift my choice of tank if it stays this way.
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#53 » 06 May 2016, 18:04

Played the Brewmaster for the last hour and its been significantly buffed. Feels much better to play. Expel Harm works like DH's Soul Cleave, it pulls the healing orbs into you.
Last edited by Mata on 06 May 2016, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#54 » 06 May 2016, 18:10

leveling experience has been tuned. It was 500k per level, now from 106-107 its 780k. That makes a lot more sense as I was able to go from 100-110 in 2 zones.
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#55 » 06 May 2016, 18:48

What I like about the style is that it means tanks will need to actually work with the healers and work on cooldowns availability and actually call for cooldowns. When I look at WoD tanking, hardly ever do you find a tank that will call for an external, mainly because tanks are so self reliant; except for Warriors currently.

You must've lived a completely different WoD than I did lol. Calling for tank cd's was a pretty huge part of tanking for most of the exapnsion bar HFC farm iirc.

Willow
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#56 » 06 May 2016, 19:04

Krazyfrog wrote:What I like about the style is that it means tanks will need to actually work with the healers and work on cooldowns availability and actually call for cooldowns. When I look at WoD tanking, hardly ever do you find a tank that will call for an external, mainly because tanks are so self reliant; except for Warriors currently.

I know when my tank needs a CD and just give it to him without the need to ask for it!

But I definitely like that they are going to be more relient on healers! Yay teamwork!

Evolutious

Post#57 » 06 May 2016, 19:07

Magnifeye wrote:

You must've lived a completely different WoD than I did lol. Calling for tank cd's was a pretty huge part of tanking for most of the exapnsion bar HFC farm iirc.

I tanked as Brewmaster in MOP and WOD until i joined AM. In the event you were not fully aware of Brewmaster tanking, lol-guard is OP as fuck. Just think about being able to pop a 1.5M self absorb every 30 seconds that is further reduced in CD for every expel harm you use. Yeah.. Monks do not really need external CDs currently if you know how to play them.

Evolutious

Post#58 » 06 May 2016, 19:11

Willow wrote:

I know when my tank needs a CD and just give it to him without the need to ask for it!

But I definitely like that they are going to be more relient on healers! Yay teamwork!

Argalin is a lucky man! Although not sure why you used the word "tank" for "man"...

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#59 » 06 May 2016, 19:20

Brewmaster's have been outliers for both expansions as they were the best tanks for like 4/7 raids or whatever it's been now.

Return to “Open Discussion”