Artifact Build Paths

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Artifact Build Paths

Post#1 » 06 May 2016, 18:52

I'm posting this merely as a precaution and as an educational tool.

I fully intend to hit 110 as quickly as possible and grind out my artifact ENTIRELY before raids are released. That is my plan.

Blizz has yet to release a schedule for raid releases so there is a small chance some people may not have their artifacts leveled up entirely before the first raid comes out. Its unlikely but then again some people may not be able to put as much time into it as I can.

So I firmly believe that planning a path for your artifact talents ahead of time is the way to go.

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc ... CgMwsBVDAQ

Use the above link and select your intended class/roles artifact and just go over the spells/traits if you haven't already.

All the traits have some level of importance but some are clearly better than others. So if 1 trait stands out as being the best option for raiding early on then you should plan to have portion of your artifact filled out come raid time.

A good example is the fire mage artifact. The Phoenix Reborn trait is an amazing tool and there are 2 paths you can take to get there. you can go the top path and fill out blue flame special then scorched earth. Or you go the bottom path and fill out Great Balls of Fire then Big Mouth. Imo GBoF beats out BFS in terms of pure dps plus the Dragons Breath range increase could become useful so the bottom path would probably be the best option if you're struggling to farm artifact power.

This is just a useful tool you can use to maximize your stock of artifact power efficiently and become raid ready as quickly as possible.

Good luck guys!
The Doctor: I strongly advise you to keep out of my way.
You’ll find that it’s a very small universe when I’m angry with you.

Evolutious

Re: Artifact Build Paths

Post#2 » 06 May 2016, 19:05

Just as an FYI, but you will want to actually plan on not having your (first) artifact fully upgraded at least half way through the first raid. So far, everything has indicated that Blizz does not want anyone to fully upgrade their first artifact for at minimum 4-6 weeks; and with the first raid expected 2-3 weeks after release, you would be looking at 2-3 weeks of raid without a fully upgraded artifact. But that 4-6 weeks is only if you seriously grind it out; the more casual players will take closer to 3 months to level the artifact.

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#3 » 06 May 2016, 19:17

Krazyfrog wrote:Just as an FYI, but you will want to actually plan on not having your (first) artifact fully upgraded at least half way through the first raid. So far, everything has indicated that Blizz does not want anyone to fully upgrade their first artifact for at minimum 4-6 weeks; and with the first raid expected 2-3 weeks after release, you would be looking at 2-3 weeks of raid without a fully upgraded artifact. But that 4-6 weeks is only if you seriously grind it out; the more casual players will take closer to 3 months to level the artifact.

This ^^

I thought HM came out a little later than that but I could have been wrong.

Evolutious

Post#4 » 06 May 2016, 19:20

WoD released on November 13, 2014; Highmaul release on December 2, 2014

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#5 » 06 May 2016, 22:54

You'll want to complete each leveling zone then Suramar and World Quest as this is the highest yield in artifact power.
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matabear - Guardian/Feral -110
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matadh - Vengeance/Havoc - 120
Matadk - Blood/Unholy - 120
Matashami - Ele/Enh - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Willow
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#6 » 07 May 2016, 09:01

Matadk wrote:You'll want to complete each leveling zone then Suramar and World Quest as this is the highest yield in artifact power.

This part of the game is going to be a challenge for me, as my time is super limited. When you guys find tricks to get more power in less time, please keep posting them. I know a lot of us will definitely need all the help we can get.

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#7 » 07 May 2016, 09:07

Will do willow. Thats a big part of why I make posts like these. With the hope that people will update it!

Stormstout
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#8 » 07 May 2016, 09:24

Ya I wish I had more than 10hrs to be able to really do anything the past 1.5mths I've enjoyed being able to play more but that's only due to an injury at work so once back to work I'll be limited again -.-

So any tricks for the grind to make it faster or more convient would drastically help

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#9 » 07 May 2016, 12:00

You get artifact power from mob loot, random chest, quest and a ton from the end of zone questlines. You will want to complete each zone thoroughly. Plus you will need this for flying.
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matabear - Guardian/Feral -110
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matadh - Vengeance/Havoc - 120
Matadk - Blood/Unholy - 120
Matashami - Ele/Enh - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Numerical

Post#10 » 07 May 2016, 12:21

Willow wrote:
Matadk wrote:You'll want to complete each leveling zone then Suramar and World Quest as this is the highest yield in artifact power.

This part of the game is going to be a challenge for me, as my time is super limited. When you guys find tricks to get more power in less time, please keep posting them. I know a lot of us will definitely need all the help we can get.

Hear hear. It's a minefield to me right now. Time is so limited these days it's a worry.
Numerical - 120 Resto Druid.
Kerwinola - 120 Havoc DH
Vionnet - 110 Resto Shaman
Guccii - 120 Holy/Disc Priest
Cavanagh - 110 Holy/Prot Pally
Capucci - 110 Blood DK
Versatchi - 110 Hunter
Mishika - 110 Warlock
Neave - 120 Mage
Prisha 120 Monk

Return to “Open Discussion”