If you decide to bot!

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Evolutious

Re: If you decide to bot!

Post#16 » 23 May 2016, 12:18

Proof wrote:TL;DR Don't fucking bot. You're worthless if you do and I refuse to raid with you or be around you.

Sorry Proof but I bot...

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#17 » 23 May 2016, 12:25

Krazyfrog wrote:
Proof wrote:TL;DR Don't fucking bot. You're worthless if you do and I refuse to raid with you or be around you.

Sorry Proof but I bot...

Krazy i have a feeling you would start botting purely just to get me to leave
The Doctor: I strongly advise you to keep out of my way.
You’ll find that it’s a very small universe when I’m angry with you.

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#18 » 23 May 2016, 12:31

I botted reading this thread. Thank you to all the bot readers out there.
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matabear - Guardian/Feral -110
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matadh - Vengeance/Havoc - 120
Matadk - Blood/Unholy - 120
Matashami - Ele/Enh - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Evolutious

Post#19 » 23 May 2016, 12:33

Beep Bop Boop!

Tyronian
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#20 » 23 May 2016, 12:59

Proof wrote:Firstly. Just fucking don't.

Proof wrote:That's too bad. Its my $15 a month not yours.

Infe

Post#21 » 23 May 2016, 13:04

Tyronian wrote:
Proof wrote:Firstly. Just fucking don't.

Proof wrote:That's too bad. Its my $15 a month not yours.

Tyronian, a man of few words, but gets his point across clearly.

Numerical

Post#22 » 23 May 2016, 13:33

Everyday Lately I come to the forums and there is some dramatic thread being made. There are ways of putting yourself across and there are ways to alienate yourself with people.

People who bot don't share it. People who bot have no guilt attached to them.... They know the risk they are running by doing it.

I did read your post. Several times. While I completely understand your point, I just don't see the point in making some huge post about the subject. When it happens, it's already done. Like skel said people will be removed / not welcome back. I have done it on many occasions for all sorts of reasons and I agree... Why do it? Why let your team mates down?

But I have to say, this has been too much of a sweeping statement for my liking. Too much finger pointing and aggression and this is NOT what this guild is about.

If you have something to say? Say it privately. Come to a leader etc but please don't cause drama or insinuations.

Btw. I am sure you had no intention on doing that but everyone reads things differently. Please be mindful of that.
Numerical - 120 Resto Druid.
Kerwinola - 120 Havoc DH
Vionnet - 110 Resto Shaman
Guccii - 120 Holy/Disc Priest
Cavanagh - 110 Holy/Prot Pally
Capucci - 110 Blood DK
Versatchi - 110 Hunter
Mishika - 110 Warlock
Neave - 120 Mage
Prisha 120 Monk

Danawhite
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#23 » 23 May 2016, 14:09

Numerical wrote:Everyday Lately I come to the forums and there is some dramatic thread being made. There are ways of putting yourself across and there are ways to alienate yourself with people.

People who bot don't share it. People who bot have no guilt attached to them.... They know the risk they are running by doing it.

I did read your post. Several times. While I completely understand your point, I just don't see the point in making some huge post about the subject. When it happens, it's already done. Like skel said people will be removed / not welcome back. I have done it on many occasions for all sorts of reasons and I agree... Why do it? Why let your team mates down?

But I have to say, this has been too much of a sweeping statement for my liking. Too much finger pointing and aggression and this is NOT what this guild is about.

If you have something to say? Say it privately. Come to a leader etc but please don't cause drama or insinuations.

Btw. I am sure you had no intention on doing that but everyone reads things differently. Please be mindful of that.

#agree

Argalin

Post#24 » 23 May 2016, 16:41

Proof wrote:
Argalin wrote:Horses are good and beautiful animals. High horses are eating a bit too much grass.

I understand your hatred for botting, I'm right there with you. But this big sweeping judgmental statement from atop said horse is only going to cause drama that you've shown you don't want directed at you.

There is a time and a a place for protest of such things but whether or not you meant it to sound like it, threatening all your fellow raid members doesn't endear you to anyone. People expect things like this to be said from people in a position of authority otherwise it just sounds hollow and accusatory.

Did you read the post at all? Where would the drama come from besides people who are for botting? I even stated it wasn't a threat. Just a statement of fact. I know for a fact not a tear would be shed if I left nor would it hinder the team in the slightest. And last time I checked any member of the guild is allowed to state policy. Nothing I have ever done with the PM team has been to endear anyone to me.

Fact of the matter is there are people in this guild who thinks it is ok to bot. I made this post purely for the purpose of letting those people know that botting isn't accepted by the guild and should not be accepted by team members. I speak for myself and no one else.

To insinuate I'm atop a high horse is arrogant even for you Argalin. Please try to stay on topic or don't respond. And as far as where people "expect these things to come from", any team member is allowed to state guild policy and their opinions on a PUBLIC forum. I have not accused anyone individually. Merely stating the actions I'm willing to take to protect myself. You don't agree with those actions? That's too bad. Its my $15 a month not yours.

Proof, you are a passionate guy who speaks his mind which I think is a really good thing. The flip-side of that is that it does often cause you to speak when maybe you shouldn't and/or too much when little is required(I only know this because I did this like crazy in my 20s and drove my fellow coworkers crazy). I even like that you were passionate enough to come on the forums and express your dislike of botting. There is a difference between swaying people to not do it because of the negative effects on the community, and calling those who do or would do it worthless. When you do so you are putting people who disagree with you beneath you.

I would like to reiterate I hate botting. I hate what it does to any game community that it happens in and the fact that it can make others feel like they too have to cheat just to keep up. I simply feel your original post wasn't an opinion piece on why botting is bad but rather a rather strong negative commentary on the quality of the character of anyone who does so. Perhaps in your passion you spoke more strongly than intended, I'm not sure.

All said in done when it comes down to it I would prefer you continue to stay as passionate as you are, we all need people like that in our lives. Just maybe take a second to see how you might come across when you make a passionate post?

SGTMinor

Post#25 » 23 May 2016, 16:55

It's cheating, literately cheating, not figuratively, not kind of. It's a 100% cheating this post didn't seem to offensive to me but, the fact that people are mad that someone is angry about people cheating. the fuck is that? How can you guys be offended for someone being at mad you for cheating? what? i don't get it. If you cheat, and someone offended you for cheating, i think that comes with cheating. And if you don't like it, don't cheat. IT IS CHEATING.

Evolutious

Post#26 » 23 May 2016, 17:07

SGTMinor wrote:It's cheating, literately cheating, not figuratively, not kind of. It's a 100% cheating this post didn't seem to offensive to me but, the fact that people are mad that someone is angry about people cheating. the fuck is that? How can you guys be offended for someone being at mad you for cheating? what? i don't get it. If you cheat, and someone offended you for cheating, i think that comes with cheating. And if you don't like it, don't cheat. IT IS CHEATING.

I believe the issue with the post is not the message that it presents but the way it was presented, and honestly your response is just a catalyst in that flame.

SGTMinor

Post#27 » 23 May 2016, 17:35

Krazyfrog wrote:
SGTMinor wrote:It's cheating, literately cheating, not figuratively, not kind of. It's a 100% cheating this post didn't seem to offensive to me but, the fact that people are mad that someone is angry about people cheating. the fuck is that? How can you guys be offended for someone being at mad you for cheating? what? i don't get it. If you cheat, and someone offended you for cheating, i think that comes with cheating. And if you don't like it, don't cheat. IT IS CHEATING.

I believe the issue with the post is not the message that it presents but the way it was presented, and honestly your response is just a catalyst in that flame.

But that's the part i don't get, why should the feelings of a cheater be taken into a opinion when laying out a message. I don't understand the logic behind not trying to offend a cheater

Stormstout
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#28 » 23 May 2016, 17:45

I think what krazy is saying is that calling someone worthless because of a decision they make to do while spending their 15$ is what the issue is with. As proof stated its his 15$, but this is a two sides blade those that bot (I'm against botting) are doing what they want with their 15$. Calling anyone worthless publicly is what the main issue that some are having I do believe.

Evolutious

Post#29 » 23 May 2016, 17:55

again, not what was said but how it was said. Some refer to this as proper etiquette.

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#30 » 23 May 2016, 17:58

I could really care less if someone decides to bot on their own time. The problem I see is when botting starts to affect others around them. If I get punished because of your stupid decisions I would be extremely unhappy and would for sure want a serious punishment for the person responsible.

Everyone has different opinions, but the forums are a really touchy place to explain those opinions as a lot of arguments or debates translate very poorly into text which I've found out the hard way a couple times.

Return to “Open Discussion”