Chairs

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Azgrul

Chairs

Post#1 » 31 May 2016, 02:20

so i've been looking into to getting a new chair and its really not been going well, i assume all of you guys have your 100+ 180 degree stuffs so any links appreciated.

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Re: Chairs

Post#2 » 31 May 2016, 11:00

Azgrul wrote:so i've been looking into to getting a new chair and its really not been going well, i assume all of you guys have your 100+ 180 degree stuffs so any links appreciated.

I would advise against going for the professional gaming chairs as they can get expensive and aren't really all that good for you. Take about $300 and get a good office chair with decent lumbar support and in the long run your back will thank you immensely.
The Doctor: I strongly advise you to keep out of my way.
You’ll find that it’s a very small universe when I’m angry with you.

oldmanroger

Post#3 » 31 May 2016, 14:57

300$ feels pretty pricey. Get a cheaper chair and just don't sit in it for extended periods of time.

Also you'll probably want to go to a store and test out the chairs over buying one on online.

Tijuanajoe

Post#4 » 31 May 2016, 16:02

I work from home and game in the same chair, and I have to agree with Proof. It's a lot of money but, if you are in the chair a lot, you will not regret the expense. Plus, a good quality chair will last a long time. I have had this one since 2008 and its basically still in tact, minus some fake leather paint, and a stylish wooden "wheel" I constructed.

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#5 » 31 May 2016, 16:46

oldmanroger wrote:300$ feels pretty pricey. Get a cheaper chair and just don't sit in it for extended periods of time.

Also you'll probably want to go to a store and test out the chairs over buying one on online.

When it comes to chairs you'll be spending a lot of time in ie: raiding, that are good for your posture then you'll definitely be in the $200-$300 range. Decent office chairs are always going to be that expensive. Spending any less is a waste of money because they fall apart not too long down the road. Even if you're not a big guy, rocking and moving around in them wears out the joints a lot faster because they're made with lower quality materials like plastic and low grade aluminum.

There are few things in life I would ever recommend spending a decent amount of money on. Shoes and chairs are among the top of the list. Mainly because corrective surgery down the road is a lot more expensive.

@Azgrul. You want to be comfortable AND in good posture. Both can be achieved with the right chair. Do a solid amount of research. I don't recommend taking advice on specific chairs because everyone's back is different. And no offense to roger but going to a store and testing them out isn't a solid way of doing so because you're in raid for at least 3 hours. The first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes in a chair are 2 completely different things. Read some reviews, almost every single reviewer will state their body size/style. Find one that matches you the best and go from there.

Houtoku
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#6 » 31 May 2016, 19:30

.. I know we're talking about desk chairs, but too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Houtoku - 100 Death Knight (Unholy)
Malgan - 100 Paladin (Holy)
Daelen - 100 Mage
Khalur - 100 Warlock
Malfor - 100 Druid (Guardian)
Carcharocles - 100 Warrior (Protection)
Malastor - 100 Rogue
Celerion - 100 Hunter
Haedrem - 100 Shaman

Azgrul

Post#7 » 31 May 2016, 19:56

no
Attachments
some fag.PNG
some fag.PNG (162.07 KiB) Viewed 6226 times

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#8 » 31 May 2016, 20:11

ok thats disgusting. /exit thread

Azgrul

Post#9 » 31 May 2016, 21:52

god doesn't exist if minions do

oldmanroger

Post#10 » 31 May 2016, 22:18

It's actually shoes and beds. Chairs you can stand up for a minute and stretch every hour or so.

If you need constructive surgery it wasn't because you only spent 280 dollars on a chair. It's probably because of other health factors.

Azgrul

Post#11 » 31 May 2016, 22:53

i dont think i need reconstructive surgery at 17

Packhunter
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#12 » 01 Jun 2016, 20:13

Azgrul,
I can't say it clearly enough.

DO NOT BUY STAPLES BRAND CHAIRS!

I spent $200+ on one, if it goes 6 months without needing replacement parts I feel like I won the loto. Just a piece of shit!

Jaedaddy

Post#13 » 02 Jun 2016, 21:44

Ive bought about 5 office chairs in the last 10 years... Agree with Proof, anything less than $200 isn't going to last long and won't be nearly as comfortable. My latest chair is a professional brand office chair, was about $350, had it for about a year, and is easily the best chair I've ever had... I don't regret it for a second!

Return to “Open Discussion”