Time sure does fly!

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Time sure does fly!

Post#1 » 29 Jun 2016, 09:19

And with that, Ante Meridiem celebrates it's 10th birthday!... Where has the time gone?! I remember founding this guild in 2006 just 3 weeks after I graduated from college and a week after I got my first post-college 'real' job... We were just a bunch of people, and by bunch, 3-4 of us, who wanted to do stuff in the mornings thanks to our 2nd shift jobs. We ran Scholomance and Stratholme often times having to pug the last spot in the 5 man dungeon... slowly but surely we started running UBRS (it used to be 10 man back in the day) and eventually we began to dabble in the idea that we could actually foster a morning team with enough people to do Zul'Gurub and Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and began farming those weekly with a 7 day raiding schedule (yes, even Tuesdays!) 3-4 hours a day. Our momentum picked up and by sometime in the fall, the exact date escapes my memory, we fully cleared Molten Core with a full 40 man team all wearing the Ante Meridiem guild tag. At that moment, I knew we were going to be something, we were going somewhere, we were going to last.

Did I expect this to last 10 years? Back then, never! But it did. Did I expect us to be battling for server top 2 in The Burning Crusade? Never. But we did. Did I expect us to still be competitive with the best guilds on the server at 10 years of age? Nope. But we are.

This guild is absolutely amazing. Sure we've had our ups and downs over the years, what guild hasn't. Every other guild, excluding one, that was around when we founded are gone. What do we do differently that has allows us to not only survive but thrive? The answer is easy. You. The members of Ante Meridiem. From the guild master to the raider, to the non-raider even down to the applicant. Without dedicated, mature, responsible members like you and a healthy community of 'friends' outside the guild we have remained one of, if not the best guilds on Stormrage and possibly the entire WoW community.

Thank you for being a part of this awesome guild!

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Ante Meridiem
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Mahlaa
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Re: Time sure does fly!

Post#2 » 29 Jun 2016, 09:27

Happy Birthday Ante Meridiem !

Tiziana
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 29 Jun 2016, 09:38

Someday Belle, I hope to take you out for a very nice meal, break bread and talk about this cool journey...

Here is to another 10 years!

Linax
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#4 » 29 Jun 2016, 09:53

Congrats you guys!

Noodleshot

Post#5 » 29 Jun 2016, 09:57

Congratulations to everyone involved in this amazing achievement. I had the pleasure of spending a good chunk of time with the AMAM team and the atmosphere was awesome (especially considering it being considered hard-core).

I'm glad I got to play with all of you, and hope to return soon to one of the 4 teams this wonderful guild fosters. So again congratulations on this tremendous achievement, and I wish us all another successful 10 years!

Shaank
Mythic Raider
Mythic Raider

Post#6 » 29 Jun 2016, 10:00

Woot!

Infe

Post#7 » 29 Jun 2016, 10:24

An amazing accomplishment!

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#8 » 29 Jun 2016, 10:44

/cheer raise your glass's to the king's and qween's and the long living lagecy of Ante Meridiem 10 year strong

--skeletor--
--First to clock in and the last to leave--

skeletor#1513
http://www.twitch.tv/skellytheskull
--Stormrage--
-110 Skeletor Assassin / Outlaw
-100 Dràculà Destro / Affliction
-100 Téchniné Boomkin / Resto
-100 Heman Prot

Chariss
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#9 » 29 Jun 2016, 10:54

/group hug /lick
Chariss- 120 Resto Druid
Carebare- 120 MW Monk
Msmictank- 120 Holy Pally
Licksalot - 120 Holy Priest
Sharice- 120 Mage
Msdeath- 90 Death Knight

Stormstout
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#10 » 29 Jun 2016, 11:12

/cheers heres to more years to come :)

Tyronian
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#11 » 29 Jun 2016, 11:46

Happy and proud to be a part of this guild! Thanks to everyone who has made it an incredible institution over the years.

Meothe
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#12 » 29 Jun 2016, 13:32

Feel privileged to be a part of this guild. =) Cheers everyone.

Tiziana
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#13 » 29 Jun 2016, 13:37

Belle - I've been thinking about how much I (we) are indebted to you for keeping things running well for so long.

Here is what I would like to do:

I will fund (not trying to be special here, I am sure others will contribute but its not necessary afaic) the manufacture and shipping costs for 100 Ante Meridiem T-Shirts.

Let me know and I'm a large!

Infe

Post#14 » 29 Jun 2016, 13:46

Tiziana wrote:Belle - I've been thinking about how much I (we) are indebted to you for keeping things running well for so long.

I will fund (not trying to be special here, I am sure others will contribute but its not necessary afaic) the manufacture and shipping costs for 100 Ante Meridiem T-Shirts.

Hot damn!

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#15 » 29 Jun 2016, 13:50

Tiziana wrote:Belle - I've been thinking about how much I (we) are indebted to you for keeping things running well for so long.

Hmmmmm :)
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100