Legion Pre-patch July 19th - OFFICIAL

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Evolutious

Legion Pre-patch July 19th - OFFICIAL

Post#1 » 08 Jul 2016, 15:40

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Official Forums)
Prepare to fight your last battles of the season—Warlords Season 3 will end at 2:00 a.m. PDT on July 19, 2016.

After the season wraps, we will begin the process of determining eligibility for end-of-season rewards. If you believe that you’ve qualified for Warlords Season 3 PvP rewards, please refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until awards are granted approximately two weeks later.

The next PvP season, Legion Season 1, will begin after World of Warcraft: Legion launches on August 30. In the meantime, all Honor and Conquest Points will be converted to in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point. Also, Rated Battleground and Arena matches will not be available during the break between seasons. We will confirm the start date of the forthcoming Legion Season 1 at a later date.

Please note that the end of the season does not require a patch to the game, and will occur automatically.

Your days are numbered—get out there and fight!

With this being announced, the 7.0 pre-patch will be the same day!

Zero

Re: Legion Pre-patch July 19th - OFFICIAL

Post#2 » 08 Jul 2016, 16:22

Time for DHs to reserve raid spots in Heroic HFC runs? I'm assuming we could coordinate some split runs to boost a few.

Evolutious

Post#3 » 08 Jul 2016, 16:26

Demon Hunters will not be in the game until 2nd or 3rd week of AUG; no later than AUG 17th.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Official Forums)
The skies over Azeroth are growing darker. . . .

The Legion pre-expansion patch is coming soon, and we wanted to give you a heads up about what to expect—and when you can expect it.

This update will include a wide variety of features and content that set the stage for the expansion, including system changes, quality-of-life improvements, and major in-game events. Some of these features will be available immediately, while other content will be unlocked in the weeks leading up to the expansion’s launch. Read on for more details.

The Opening Salvo
When the pre-expansion patch initially goes live, players will be able to immediately access many of its key system-related features. Some of these major updates include:

Transmogrification Updates
The new Transmogrification Collections system will make it easier than ever to collect, store, and sort through the gear you want to use for transmogging—without taking up storage space in your inventory, bank, or Void Storage. As you collect items that can be used with the system, you can browse through them—as well as sort by class or slot—in the Appearances tab in your Collections interface.

Class Updates
We’re making some significant changes to classes and their specs for Legion to further strengthen their identities. The core changes to spells, talents, and more are going into effect as soon as the pre-expansion patch goes live. For more information on what’s new for each class and spec, read our earlier class preview blogs.

We’re also making it easier to switch between specializations for different content. Players will be able to queue up for dungeons, raids, Battlegrounds, or Arenas as any role that is available to their class, while continuing to play as another role while they’re waiting. When they enter the content they’ve queued for, they will automatically switch to the suitable role upon entering (at no cost) and then switch back automatically when they leave the instance.

The March Toward Legion
In the weeks following the pre-expansion patch, we’ll be unlocking even more content that leads into the August 30 launch of Legion. We’re still determining the exact timing of these events, but
players who pre-purchase Legion can expect to be playing a Demon Hunter around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally). We’ll share more details in the weeks ahead, but here’s a look at what’s in store:

Burning Legion Invasions
Before all hellfire breaks loose upon the Broken Shore, the Burning Legion will begin its assault upon Azeroth, turning some familiar stomping grounds into demon-infested battlefields—and it will be up to the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to face the onslaught.

Demon Hunter Early Access
In the weeks before launch, those who have pre-purchased Legion will get early access to the new Demon Hunter class. Players will begin at level 98 and will find themselves on the fel-shattered expanse of Mardum, where they’ll play the Demon Hunter starting experience before joining their allies in the fight against the Legion.

The Battle on the Broken Shore Begins
As the situation grows more dire, Azeroth’s heroes will begin their first foray onto the Broken Shore—the epicenter of the demonic invasion.

All of the features and content listed above (save for Demon Hunter early access) will be available to all World of Warcraft players, regardless of whether they’ve pre-purchased Legion.

Zero

Post#4 » 08 Jul 2016, 16:31

I know, this still gives us 2 lock outs for mythic dungeons and HFC before Legion. That is what I was meaning.

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#5 » 08 Jul 2016, 18:24

gimme lewtz!
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matabear - Guardian/Feral -110
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matadh - Vengeance/Havoc - 120
Matadk - Blood/Unholy - 120
Matashami - Ele/Enh - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Zero

Post#6 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:10

Should be no problem to carry 3-4 if doing a 30 man Heroic. Also the seals should move to gold so we all would be able to have enough to roll on every boss.

Evolutious

Post#7 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:11

Matadk wrote:gimme lewtz!

Too bad you are going warrior, huh :P

Evolutious

Post#8 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:15

Zerosum wrote:Should be no problem to carry 3-4 if doing a 30 man Heroic. Also the seals should move to gold so we all would be able to have enough to roll on every boss.

I honestly wouldn't be THAT concerned with getting gear on a demon hunter. At best it may help a touch with leveling until you hit 102 then you will replace the (heroic) gear with quest drops. My experience is that with a set of 695 Tanaan Jungle gear tokens, you will be more than ready to quest.

Time to spend all that Apexis you have been stock piling for the past months on Empowered Apexis Fragments!

Evolutious

Post#9 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:19

Also, you will get 700 gear from the demon invasion event as well, so plenty of chance to get gear without having to worry about trying to pug a group of 26 demon hunters and 4 healers lol

Zero

Post#10 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:25

Meh yeah, I guess I was only crossing my fingers for myself being that all the Apexis and baleful gear I have will rot on EU and will be no help for me now that I will be back on NA server :(

From leveling a few times on Alpha and Beta with just the 680+ stuff you start with, trinkets would be helpful. If you are 710 ilvl that will take you to around 104+ before all replaced. It would just her with being efficient on leveling since as DH we won't be able to start at 740+ like the rest.

Zero

Post#11 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:29

Also with 2 lockouts if you were really ambitious you would grind out 10k valor and have everything 720-725 ilvl and that would put you a bit more ahead as well.

Evolutious

Post#12 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:35

Actually, didn't they change Baleful gear to go to to 705 (pre-valor)? I believe so. I was just thinking of best use of time invested thing. You can get far more chances at gear farming Tannan then you can running the mythic dungeons and heroic HFC. But, to each their own I guess ;)

Plus don't forget about the 3 crafted gears you can get. Those will be 715 ilvl fully upgraded (minus valor); and I am certain we have several guildies that will have lots of mats to make them.

Evolutious

Post#13 » 08 Jul 2016, 19:37

Zerosum wrote:Also with 2 lockouts if you were really ambitious you would grind out 10k valor and have everything 720-725 ilvl and that would put you a bit more ahead as well.

Yeah but it is only 4875 a week and man.. you would have to grind all the LFRs, dungeon daily every day, weekly quest and all 8 mythics. yuk! LOL! But then again, 16 pieces of gear would only require 8k valor so yeah, if you want to be REAL ambitious , kill all the thing!

I can already see LFR being 20/25 as demon hunters...

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#14 » 08 Jul 2016, 23:44

Was it previously stated that prepatch would be the same day season 3 ends? I just skimmed your post but I didnt see them mention the prepatch, just that ending the season wouldnt require a patch.
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Proof
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#15 » 09 Jul 2016, 01:34

Sonick wrote:Was it previously stated that prepatch would be the same day season 3 ends? I just skimmed your post but I didnt see them mention the prepatch, just that ending the season wouldnt require a patch.

Historically pre-patch happens right around if not the same day as the season ending.
The Doctor: I strongly advise you to keep out of my way.
You’ll find that it’s a very small universe when I’m angry with you.

Return to “Open Discussion”