Awakening... (RP)

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Packhunter
Guild Member
Guild Member

Awakening... (RP)

Post#1 » 15 Jul 2016, 19:19

<<Alright, timeline wise this happens mid-Cata, I do have one RP written in WOD, hoping I can get another done before Legion launches which will explain Pack's goals/MO in it. By reading the story the subject will make sense. I know some people will ask why no MOP RP, the sad fact is there is one, and I am not happy with it as an author in retrospect>>

"Awakening"
Cathedral District, Stormwind City
Alliance

That first intake of breath, so critical, relays so much information with those who know how to process it. In a modest home in the facing the lake in the Cathedral District, such a breath is taken, not by a youth, but by a reborn adventurer.

Getting up from lying down on a cote, he feels bombarded by the input. Sight, smell, sound, touch, all of them telling them about where he is, but not who he is. Flexing his fingers, he examines them, callused battle worn. "Who am I? Where I am? What am I?" he whispers, perplexed by his awakening.

He hears someone coming down the stairs, looking desperately for a weapon, he finds nothing. He feels light and lethal in the plain linen cloth clothing. Drawing his arm back ready to strike, an aged human turns the corner to her confused patient, "Well it's about time you awoke, I've been pumping you full of tea for weeks trying to heal you from what was ailing you."

"Excuse me, ma'am you have me at a disadvantage, " he bows, "I thank you for your care, but perhaps if you can help me some more, if it wouldn't be too much."

Nodding like every mother since the dawn of time has, she responded, "I am Marlay, formerly a high ranking healer for the Alliance until I retired a few years ago, occasionally I help with the hard cases that come in, or in your case, were brought to me."
"Brought to you?"

Smiling, she extends her hand to him, despite the fact he towers over her, "Come with me, and I'll explain. " Leading him up the stairs, they start to walk, "About three moons ago I was walking in Elywnn Forest, after finishing helping a new adventurer learn the art of making bandages when a ram confronted me on my way home. Do you know anything of rams?"

Shaking his head, she continued her story, "Rams are a mount type preferred by dwarfs, a race which is shorter than us humans. However, they are known for being loyal from beyond the grave. After several head butts, I followed it to where it had tried to dig into the soil, and a shovel was up against a tree. . ." a screech happens behind them, he drops into a crouched position, he hand reaches for his side as if to grab a weapon, but comes up empty. Seeing the gryphon flying over them something red flashes though his mind.

They've been walking slowly towards the Dwarven District, with the sights and smells memory awoke within him, but only in the vaguest of sense "You were saying my lady?"

Despite her advanced years, she continues, "Several mounts seemed to hang around this improvised grave, every time I tried to leave, it was as though I could sense their collective will to keep digging. As I hit what appeared to be a cover stone, there was a pick laying on top of it. By fate, by chance, or by design it not for me to say, but what I can say is I found you."

Entering the bank, she gives a hand gestured to the bank attended, "You were barely alive, most would've given you up for dead. The ram made it clear you were to be laid across it. What I assume were your positions were given to the others. They acted in a united fashion, the air mounts seemed to cover the sky's aiming to protect us as we headed back to Stormwind. "

A pair of burly dwarfs lifting a heavy package come from around the side, with the attendant from the till. He continued, "And then I awoke, and you have told me this tale, but it still leaves many questions."

Shaking her head, "Not as many as you think, " from a pocket in her dress she pulls out chain which holds a dog tag, he lowers his head as she puts it around his neck. "Read the inscription, and then tell me who you are."

In the torch light, he read it, "Marshal Packhunter, Armed Forces of the Alliance." He expected a memory or two, a name and rank were something he must've said before. What happened was a saga began to unfold. Even as he pitched forward in pain, he remembered much. Finding himself in a strange new era after being pitched forward in time, dealing with bandits in the forest, fighting his way to both ends of Black rock mountain, to the wildness of Nagrand in Outlands, to the frozen waste that was Northrend, until finally his confrontation with Arthas.

The Lich King had slew his companions, it was down to the two of them, "It is over Packhunter, no mere warrior can defeat me in single combat, your allies are dead, you are alive by chance, or by fate, which ever you feel is right, is right, because before sunset you will die."

Packhunter was down on one knee, he could feel his age, each breath of the cold air stung like a thousand needles in his chest, he saw the blood he had just coughed up covering the cold stone floor, weakening him further, "You are right Arthas, this is the end of the road. Maybe fate is what put me asleep for 30 years, so I could avenge all that I lost, and kill the man who slew the king I swore loyalty to, to avenge a life lost, since if I wasn't here and now, you would be victorious."

A crack was heard as he stood up straight, his weapons back in his hands, as a fortune teller, he aimed the tip of one sword towards Arthas, and roared, "Redwing, attack! TO THE HILT!"

From the sky above his ever loyal gryphon did his best to stop the incoming ice bombardments, and the two met in lethal combat. It was a battle beyond words, each one countering the other, a bit more power being drawn out, until Packhunter thought he had success, drawing his sword back, he plunged it into Arthas's chest. He could see the tip leaving his severed spin, and even as this happened, he could feel a coldness spreading from the hand that held the back spread though out up, "I will enjoy having your soul, Packhunter, even if I may die!" even with his soul still being sucked into Frostmorn, he felt his body in flight before oblivion encompassed him...

Snapping back to standing, he is Packhunter again. In body, mind, sprit, and soul, Marlay hasn't left his side, "Are you alright sir?"

An assertiveness that before alluded his voice his is heard, "I am Packhunter, Marshal, Armed Forces of the Alliance." Taking in the air with speculation he spoke, "Much has changed, much remains unexplained, but I am back!"

Like a self assembling machine from Gnomergon, he places new armor, and inspect the new weapons, and gives the old woman a look, "Please walk with me, my lady", he leads them out of the bank. Outside they head towards the lake, "What will you do now, Packhunter?"

Smiling, a rare site, he responds, "I don't know, Arthas is dead, but I am back. Maybe the spirit of Azeroth saw need of me?"

"Maybe it did" they walk to the docks on the southern end of the lake in the city, what new abilities, knowledge he has is hard to say, so much has changed, and so much as remained the same for this warrior, this guardian. Looking onto the lake, she asks him, "Maybe you should call your friends?"

"What friends do I have here? This is a new world, even if I am who I am."

Giving him a gentle pat on his arm, "Just try Packhunter, remember this is a new world, try calling to him"

Giving off a wolf whistle that would get him smacked in almost any building in the Alliance, he cried "Red Wing, to me!"

With that call, a counter call is given that he had never heard on the Eastern Content before, the Alliance had outlawed it, but now it was legal, and he has come. A gryphon with red armor, the leader of his air mounts, and as they few off to explore strange new worlds, and to new adventures, Marlay clapped solemnly, and said to no one, "Welcome back Packhunter it is good to know you are back, the right soul to go with your rightful body.", and like the Chesire cat she slowly vanished...

Return to “Open Discussion”