Any Inline Skaters?

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Any Inline Skaters?

Post#1 » 17 Jul 2016, 22:07

I am looking to buy a pair of inline skates for exercise but I am really clueless what is good and what isn't. I used to play roller and ice hockey and am a very good skater but it has been many many years. Any tips? I have been looking at the RollerBlade and K2 brands. I always used Bauer skates for ice hockey but it seems their inline skates aren't as high quality as their hockey skates.
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Re: Any Inline Skaters?

Post#2 » 17 Jul 2016, 22:12

I've always preferred roller blades without any rubber stops on them. That's just me personally though. I think I still have a pair of Easton skates from a while a go that I played road hockey with, takes some time to get used to the new way to slow down.

For just exercise, I'll be leaning on the side of having stop though lol.

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#3 » 17 Jul 2016, 23:04

Naw I have never had stoppers. Even one skates that came with them I always took them off. Forgot about Easton, I will have to look into that.

Rocein
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#4 » 18 Jul 2016, 00:16

You're basically down to Mission, and Bauer. These both have the hockey boot style rollerblades. If you can find some rebook 20K skates from a couple years ago they are pretty good. www.hockeymonkey.com is a good place to look to see some reviews, and purchase.

JeremyDwayne

Post#5 » 18 Jul 2016, 00:53

*cough* skateboards are kewler *cough*

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#6 » 18 Jul 2016, 01:46

Does Easton not sell roller blades anymore? That's shitty, I liked mine. It looks like CCM sells some still though.

Rocein
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#7 » 18 Jul 2016, 05:15

Yea most of the companies are either out of it, or bought by someone. There used to be 3 different places to play roller hockey in my area. Now there isn't any. Soccer is just way to popular. Which is the other sport they usually play in facilities that had inline hockey. There is a small outdoor rink in a skate park, but no organized leagues.

Liwong

Post#8 » 18 Jul 2016, 08:29

If you get aggressive skates, there's tons of skate parks around now, like literally everywhere. Aggressive skating would be a much better workout than just regular skating as well if you are looking to skate for exercise.

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#9 » 18 Jul 2016, 08:38

We have a few different skate parks in Louisville. There is a big one right downtown that was built and maintained by the city.

Could you imagine a fat ass truck driver skating at a park with a bunch of teenagers? Hahaha. We have a paved skate and bike loop that goes around the city that is like 100 miles long that I will stick to :-P

Thanks for that link, I forgot about CCM.

JeremyDwayne

Post#10 » 18 Jul 2016, 08:52

Sonick wrote:Could you imagine a fat ass truck driver skating at a park with a bunch of teenagers?

My joke set aside, I just got back into skateboarding after like 10 years of not doing it. I imagine a 6'4", 250lbs, extremely white programmer on a skateboard is a funny sight as well.

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#11 » 18 Jul 2016, 08:57

hAhaha

Return to “Open Discussion”