Need a tech recommendation

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Packhunter
Guild Member
Guild Member

Need a tech recommendation

Post#1 » 13 Aug 2016, 10:39

For years I used Windows Live 2012, it was a great program. It handled my AOL/Gmail/Hotmail/Live and I could switch who sent what in a heart beat.

However Microsoft has killed support for it, so Hotmail & Live accounts no longer work with it.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a mail client that supports all the account types I listed.

Evolutious

Re: Need a tech recommendation

Post#2 » 13 Aug 2016, 10:58

Pretty much any relative modern email client will work with those listed above; just a matter of configuring the connector (which there are instructions on the net on how to do so).

What operating system are you using? Most versions of Microsoft Windows come with a Mail application that should work. Worse case, you grab yourself Microsoft Outlook and it will do what you want.

Personally, I have all my email consolidate (forward) to my Gmail account so I only have to check there for all accounts.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#3 » 13 Aug 2016, 11:19

Evolutious wrote:Personally, I have all my email consolidate (forward) to my Gmail account so I only have to check there for all accounts.

^This is what I do.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Packhunter
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#4 » 13 Aug 2016, 11:32

I use this ancient OS called Windows 7.

While I do have MS Office, I didn't get the mail program with it.

Soritz
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#5 » 13 Aug 2016, 12:35

So a few companies like Microsoft and Google have added some extra layer of security within thier Webmail setup that blocks use of Pop3 and Imap until you manage it further. At some point I could get with you on Discord and help you through it. I could even remote access through and double check your settings as even Windows Live Mail 2012(newest) will have no problem with any companies Pop server info.

Soritz
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#6 » 13 Aug 2016, 12:37

Alternatively the only other mail client that is solid is Outlook(2010 or newer) and that is a paid program. Good things is once it is paid for you really dont have to buy it again as long as you keep track of your product keys. 2013 or newer however is tracked through a microsoft account that you have to make and associate with the product key.

Stohnjamos

Post#7 » 13 Aug 2016, 13:14

Evolutious wrote:
Personally, I have all my email consolidate (forward) to my Gmail account so I only have to check there for all accounts.

This is the most reliable solution. 3rd party programs like outlook and thunderbird can have many sync and server settings issues.

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#8 » 13 Aug 2016, 13:34

I have about 9 email accounts forwarded to my Gmail as we speak. If that isn't a solution for you, check out Touchdown by NitroDesk.
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Skeletor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#9 » 13 Aug 2016, 17:17

Sonick wrote:I have about 9 email accounts forwarded to my Gmail as we speak. If that isn't a solution for you, check out Touchdown by NitroDesk.

1 isn't enough for all thoses feral druid fangirls eh XD (insert feral druid purr) XD

--skeletor--
--First to clock in and the last to leave--

skeletor#1513
http://www.twitch.tv/skellytheskull
--Stormrage--
-110 Skeletor Assassin / Outlaw
-100 Dràculà Destro / Affliction
-100 Téchniné Boomkin / Resto
-100 Heman Prot

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend