T-Shirt Design Results!

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Re: T-Shirt Design Results!

Post#16 » 17 Aug 2016, 13:36

...and to be clear. I have your original design. The only thing that was mentioned was it would be nice to include server, website and established date... and you added all three which was great but the original design is still the same.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Wustoff
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#17 » 17 Aug 2016, 13:39

I guess im kind of confused as to what dill's actually is, I mean I can kind see some things that make sense like the sun and the A on the orb thing but I dont get it lol. Parelli's has a clear message and isn't quite at abstract I guess for lack of a better term. Dill's looks really cool, parelli is more functional i guess in my eyes. As for what I would want to wear out in public its hard to say without knowing the thought process behind dill's design

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#18 » 17 Aug 2016, 13:50

I didn't get his first, until you zoom in...

Its a demon hunter standing on top of the world of azeroth with the sun rising behind it casting the shadow on the globe.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#19 » 17 Aug 2016, 13:51

Thanks Everyone! I appreciate all the great compliments.

I do love what Nonparelli did to improve the existing logo, the detail is incredible and the oozing legion goo is a very nice touch. I am an artist as well and I can appreciate the work that went into your design. They are completely different designs and they will appeal to different people. I don't want you to feel like your work is not good, because it is very good and I wish I could make something like you have.

Wustoff wrote:I guess im kind of confused as to what dill's actually is, I mean I can kind see some things that make sense like the sun and the A on the orb thing but I dont get it lol. Parelli's has a clear message and isn't quite at abstract I guess for lack of a better term. Dill's looks really cool, parelli is more functional i guess in my eyes. As for what I would want to wear out in public its hard to say without knowing the thought process behind dill's design

The shadow of the night elf with the glaives makes an 'M' with an 'A' in the middle. It is a little abstract though.

Pippay

Post#20 » 17 Aug 2016, 14:43

Great work from both of you! I think they are both awesome and I respect the time that went into these, but if I had to choose one I like Dill's. Mostly because if I had to picture myself wearing it that is the one I like the most as it has less bright colors (I don't look good in bright colors - I'm a diva), and I love the abstract AM in the shadows. I like my clothes black......like my soul.

Magnifeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#21 » 17 Aug 2016, 16:19

Tigridia wrote:
Sinthetik wrote:Of course I may be a little biased ;) thematically the second lines up with the web site almost exactly.

Let's be honest, the current website has seen better days and it's in dire need of an update. :) A new logo would be more than welcome, and Dill's is pretty awesome.

I think it's time to put in a legion backdrop to the forums ^_^

I also like the first shirt, so it gets my vote! Of course thanks to both of you guys for submitting these as well.

Khromah

Post#22 » 17 Aug 2016, 18:24

I really like them both! I think the first one is a little hard to see what it actually is - once I read the above comment of what it is, I understand it! Maybe if it was made a bit bigger to accentuate the details, it would be easier to see what it is!

Great job guys!

Elvinna

Post#23 » 17 Aug 2016, 19:18

I like them both but if I were to choose one to wear as middle aged female, I'd go with Shirts2.jpg they both look cool.

Evolutious

Post#24 » 17 Aug 2016, 19:23

I think they both are outstanding, but I feel the second is more representative of the guild, which I believe was the intent of the contest, no? The first one is a demon hunter casting a shadow across a globe of Azeroth; while cool, it is not really representative of Ante Meridiem.

My vote would be for the second shirt.

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#25 » 17 Aug 2016, 19:36

Evolutious wrote:I think they both are outstanding, but I feel the second is more representative of the guild, which I believe was the intent of the contest, no? The first one is a demon hunter casting a shadow across a globe of Azeroth; while cool, it is not really representative of Ante Meridiem.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I do still think the back wording could be altered, but it is definitely more representative of the guild. I too fell in the category of having to have Dill's explained. While cool, I am not sure sure it will do what we'd like it to do.

Let's be real though, people are going to wear a guild shirt regardless of what it looks like.
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#26 » 17 Aug 2016, 20:33

I'm in awe of the talent within the guild to provide these two options. Both of them are very nicely done!

Rendysavage
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#27 » 17 Aug 2016, 21:53

Evolutious wrote:I think they both are outstanding, but I feel the second is more representative of the guild, which I believe was the intent of the contest, no? The first one is a demon hunter casting a shadow across a globe of Azeroth; while cool, it is not really representative of Ante Meridiem.

This (for me)

Numerical

Post#28 » 18 Aug 2016, 01:49

I find it very hard to choose too. I love them both for different reasons. For me I would choose the second shirt. This is because I believe it does exactly what was asked for.

However, dill I love yours and ( don't take offense ) when I first saw it my reaction was... It looks like a pear... When I read bells comment it made sense. I think yours is more " wearable" in terms of suiting everyone and esp those ppl who don't like as much vivid colours.

I would very much love to take both aspects of these shirts and use them on our website too.
Numerical - 120 Resto Druid.
Kerwinola - 120 Havoc DH
Vionnet - 110 Resto Shaman
Guccii - 120 Holy/Disc Priest
Cavanagh - 110 Holy/Prot Pally
Capucci - 110 Blood DK
Versatchi - 110 Hunter
Mishika - 110 Warlock
Neave - 120 Mage
Prisha 120 Monk

Sublime
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#29 » 18 Aug 2016, 12:36

I really wanted to enter this contest but just couldn't find the time to sit down and design one. I've been working overtime the past couple weeks. I did have an idea of what I wanted to do. I wanted to use some sort of logo on the front and then all 4 teams with a list of the names of current players for each team. I have a few band tour t-shirts that were the "inspiration" for the idea. They have a logo on the front then a list of tour dates and locations on the back in a much smaller print.

Evolutious

Post#30 » 18 Aug 2016, 13:01

Sublime wrote:I really wanted to enter this contest but just couldn't find the time to sit down and design one. I've been working overtime the past couple weeks. I did have an idea of what I wanted to do. I wanted to use some sort of logo on the front and then all 4 teams with a list of the names of current players for each team. I have a few band tour t-shirts that were the "inspiration" for the idea. They have a logo on the front then a list of tour dates and locations on the back in a much smaller print.

Return to “Open Discussion”