Hey Alcari, I have a few Cata Questions?

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Shaaria

Re: Hey Alcari, I have a few Cata Questions?

Post#16 » 05 Dec 2010, 11:36

Something Alrcari posted back in October... might be some changes to the actual numbers but you'll get an idea...

Alrcari wrote:

Although we’ve revealed some details of the conversion process (https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...74620794&sid=1), many of you have asked how many Justice and Valor Points bosses and daily dungeons will actually award. This list is incomplete, and the values may still change, but it covers the majority of the content we’ve been asked about.

* Lich King Heroic dungeon boss -- 16 Justice Points
* Lich King daily normal dungeon -- 12 Justice Points
* Lich King daily Heroic dungeon -- 23 Justice Points
* Lich King raid boss -- 23 Justice Points

* Cataclysm Heroic dungeon boss -- 75 Justice Points
* Cataclysm daily normal dungeon -- 75 Justice Points
* Cataclysm daily Heroic dungeon -- 75 Valor Points
* Cataclysm 10-player raid boss -- 75 Valor Points
* Cataclysm 25-player raid boss -- 105 Valor Points

It’s important to note that once you outgrow content, by leveling past it by a predetermined amount, you’ll no longer gain points. The ‘outgrown’ level for end-game Wrath of the Lich King content is likely to be level 81. Once you level beyond Lich King content you’ll still be able to enter the dungeons, kill bosses, and see their drops, but they will not award you with points. This same principle applies to all content that provides Justice Points, including content from The Burning Crusade.

Brenstel

Post#17 » 05 Dec 2010, 14:13

How do you get to Vash? Fly /portal?

Alrcari

Post#18 » 05 Dec 2010, 15:32

Brenstel wrote:How do you get to Vash? Fly /portal?

The quest starts from the Hero Board in SW (In front of where the old AH was).
When you do it, you "phase" in SW and you will now be able to catch a boat on the docks where the current Northrend boat arrives.
You get some NPC dialogs on the docks, then when you are on the boat there is a cut scene and you arrive in Vashj'ir and start questing.
Your first couple of quests earn you the 100% movement underwater and unlimited breathing in Vash areas.

-Al

Alrcari

Post#19 » 05 Dec 2010, 15:35

Brenstel wrote:so we cant use out JP's until we are 85...so my next question is Do you get JP for doing the non heroics leveling up or should we max our JP now and just wait until 85 to buy the stuff?

In beta, the JP's were not limited - You could buy things when Cata goes live and you can then use them when you are the appropriate levels. I believe this is still the case for Cataclysm unless someone has seen different.

Nyxeos

Post#20 » 05 Dec 2010, 18:41

Alrcari wrote:
Brenstel wrote:so we cant use out JP's until we are 85...so my next question is Do you get JP for doing the non heroics leveling up or should we max our JP now and just wait until 85 to buy the stuff?

In beta, the JP's were not limited - You could buy things when Cata goes live and you can then use them when you are the appropriate levels. I believe this is still the case for Cataclysm unless someone has seen different.

From what i can gather, nothing has changed in this reguard, but we will have to see on the 7th.

Brenstel

So SRSLY?????

Post#21 » 07 Dec 2010, 14:09

Nyxeos wrote:
Alrcari wrote:

From what i can gather, nothing has changed in this reguard, but we will have to see on the 7th.

Nope still cant buy equipment until we are level 85.....AN REALLLY SRSLY BLIZZARD i can't use my beginning CATA enchants on my CATA crafted gear or the Mt hyjal rewards????

Aldafear

Post#22 » 07 Dec 2010, 16:37

Brenstel wrote:How do you get to Vash? Fly /portal?

A few of us attempted to fly there from the SW lighthouse (it might be easier if going from the edge of Dun Morogh) and it almost worked, fatigue ran out just before hit the zone so had to swim from the nearest GY, but that required a 20% speed increase (talented or from aura) + 310% mount. But try it for fun!

Latteheals

Post#23 » 07 Dec 2010, 18:40

http://shyatwow.blogspot.com/2010/09/ca ... tions.html

for descriptions on where each dungeon is.

Also an easy way to get to Vash'ir is to teleport from SW to Tol Barad and fly south.

Return to “Open Discussion”