Guild Perk Experience Levels (Finalized)

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Alrcari

Guild Perk Experience Levels (Finalized)

Post#1 » 06 Dec 2010, 02:02

You can now find out the experience need to level the guild for each rank at: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/221-Guild-Perks-Cataclysm

LVL| Guild XP
---- --------
2| 16,580k
3| ~18,240k
4| ~19,890k

etc etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Beta Information:

At present, the current Guild Rep rate is 450 Guild Experience per 1 Guild Reputation. However, I very strongly suspect when Blizzard implemented the 500% boost this build to Guild Rep/Guild Experience, they didn't account for the 500% bonus being applied twice to Guild Reputation gains, since Guild Rep is earned based on Guild Exp earned, so 500% Guild Exp means 500% more Guild Rep, plus a flat 500% modifier on Guild Rep means Guild Rep could be at 2500% modifier, rather than the intended 500%.

The reason I expect this is the case is because if 450 exp per rep was the actual value, simply leveling from 80 to 85 while in a Guild would earn approximately 45000 Guild Reputation for that individual, which would easily place them at Exalted status. Therefore, I think it's a much safer bet to put money on the following conversion rate, which is 500% lower than the current Beta rate:

2250 Guild Experience = 1 Guild Reputation

This would mean leveling from 80-85 would give a player about 9000 Guild Rep, putting them just into Honored standing with their Guild, which seems much more likely to me.

Heroic Dungeon Guild Experience

I finally got a chance to see what the Guild Experience/Guild Reputation gains are from doing a Guild Run of a Heroic Dungeon, and the normal values seem to be:

Trash Mob: 1620 Guild Experience or 0.72 Guild Reputation
Boss Mob: 27000 Guild Experience or 12 Guild Reputation

Running through Heroic Halls of Origination gave me about 200,000 Guild Experience, which was about 89 Guild Reputation. However, remembering that each Guild Member involved in a particular Guild Dungeon Run earns Guild Experience toward the daily cap, it seems a single 5-man Guild Dungeon Run will earn about 1 million Guild Exp for the Guild, or about 16% of the Daily Cap value.

Guild Achievement Experience Earnings

Another very interesting implementation to witness this build is the values of Guild Experience earned from Guild Achievements. Beta Max, the massive Guild I've been hanging out in on the beta realm, reformed after the reset early October 1st, and after spending about 3 hours online messing around, I was able to witness and track the Guild Experience earned values for a handful of Guild Achievements, as seen below:

Achievement Guild Experience
Shadowmourne + Thunderfury + A Legendary Collection 18,834,000
Heroic: Grim Batol Guild Run 7,500,000
Sulfuras + We Are Legendary 6,466,000
Call of Battle 1,562,000
Night Elf Slayer 900,000
Draenei Slayer 900,000
Razorfen Kraul Guild Run 100,000
Razorfen Downs Guild Run 100,000
Scarlet Monestary Guild Run 100,000
Scholomance Guild Run 100,000

As before, those values have all been adjusted from the current 500% boost, so they should reflect actual live values. Also note that some Achievements that are listed together (the legendary ones basically) had to be chunked together since they were earned simultaneously in-game, and thus there was no way to determine the actual Guild Experience value of the individual achievement.

As we can see, the actual values are quite adjusted based on the difficulty for the most part, though I don't know if I agree with the relative values assigned to some of these. For example, we see that the Heroic Grim Batol Guild Run is worth, on average, MORE than an individual Legendary achievement of any kind. Obviously getting something like Thunderfury can be earned by a single player, but it seems fairly obvious to me that the actual man hours required to complete a given old-world legendary is FAR BEYOND that of five people doing a heroic 5-man dungeon!

I hate to just constantly sound like I'm complaining about each new iteration of the Guild Rep/Exp/Perk system, but the implication here is that it takes a Guild less overall effort to acquire a Shadowmourne than to run a level 85 heroic dungeon, which is obviously fucking ridiculous! It makes me wonder and worry about what sort of Guild Experience we'll see from something that actually takes massive effort, such as Like Shooting Fish in a Barrel or Master Crafter.

Obviously, it could be argued that Blizzard will explicitly make Cataclysm-based Guild Achievements worth significantly more than any older-content achievements (and in fact such a thing was casually mentioned by Mumper in a previous blue post), but it still seems a bit out of whack. Completionists such as myself will still be inclined or interested in getting as many Guild Achievements as possible, regardless of their actual experience value, but I suppose I can't blame Blizzard for that -- clearly they want to discourage someone from running Razorfen Downs Guild Run to actually earn a noticeable chunk of Guild Experience.

In spite of that minor gripe, I'm quite happy with the way the Guild Achievements system is working out. As mentioned, since the earnings from Guild Achievements do not count against your daily cap, we can easily see that an active Guild that wants to push their level up a bit faster can go for a number of Guild Achievements and earn quite a few days worth of Guild Experience.

For example, a single Guild Group could run all 9 Heroic 5-mans and quickly earn about 11 days worth of Guild Experience! Of course it must be remembered these are all one-time bonuses, but if a 5-man dungeon is giving 7.5 million, we can pretty easily expect a Cataclysm Raid Guild Achievement to be worth 15+ million, which is quite a sizeable chunk!

Guild Earnings UI

Finally, I thought this was pretty sweet. I stumbled upon part of the new Guild Roster interface, which features a couple new drop-down options to view the Guild roster based on earned Guild Experience (called Guild Activity). We can see both the total earnings, as well as a weekly snapshot, which is a cool way to see who is contributing and specifically how much!

Gonna be a challenge!

-Al

Alrcari

Re: Guild Perk Experience Levels (Finalized)

Post#2 » 06 Dec 2010, 02:04

Guild experience can be earned in any of four ways:

1. Completing quests / daily quests that reward experience
2. Killing any dungeon / raid boss with a guild group/raid
3. Winning a rated battleground with a guild group/raid
4. Earning a guild achievement (these are nice, fat chunks of experience so they feel great when you get em)

A guild group/raid is 4/5, 8/10, 12/15 or 20/25 members of the group/raid being guild members.

Aldafear

Post#3 » 06 Dec 2010, 17:55

Also in order for a "run" to be counted as a "guild run" I believe the group needs to be made up of 75% of the group, and that is in respect to a 5,10,20 and 25 man dungeon. So for example, a 10m raid (such as ICC) would require 8 guild members (because 7 is 70% and less than 75%). I do not know however, if say for the classic dungeons if the same is true; i.e for BWL you actually need 30 members present for the run to count as guild, so if someone could confirm that it'd be nice. My point though is if anyone is getting burned out from leveling or whatnot and has some extra spare time, grab 3, or 7, or however many more people and run old dungeons for the achievements.

All you new worgens will need to chip in to get these achievements asap so group together once in awhile!

Kickaha

Post#4 » 07 Dec 2010, 09:04

:o
get some posting in on the guild leveling section?
see Scorp's "openly stolen bits" :shock:

Return to “Open Discussion”