Graphics issues

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Teleri

Graphics issues

Post#1 » 10 Dec 2010, 06:57

So one of the reasons I skipped all of Deepholm to level is that the 'lag' was horrendous for me there and not in any other zones. After doing a little research and using my google-fu I came across this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1306103911

It seems that The SCII bug that was killing video cards have crossed over to WoW. After forcing Directx 11 I havent had the problem.

Teleri

Re: Graphics issues

Post#2 » 14 Dec 2010, 13:09

Well I tried to quest in Deepholm yesterday and its completely unplayable for me. :( I updated the blizz thread with my info and Directx DIAG and they said they are working on it.

It seems that once you encounter the 'bug' it carries over to other games.

Kickaha

Post#3 » 16 Dec 2010, 17:01

dunno what your system is teleri but:
In deepholm my gx card seems to really pump out the heat ,it a 460 and its not so much from the gpu but the vrm on the back end of the card ..and hence northbridge/mch(if you have one) get very hot and memory too.Working on cooling right now.

Teleri

Post#4 » 17 Dec 2010, 06:07

its not a cooling issue.

Dantep

Post#5 » 17 Dec 2010, 09:40

Teleri,

I know this may sound stupid, but have you tried a graphics drive dump / reinstall? Run the uninstall and then install the newest drivers. Without more information it might just be an install issue.

Dantep

Post#6 » 17 Dec 2010, 09:41

The other problem might be the exact opposite and that something in the "newest" drivers is causing problems and it might be worth your time to investigate backup up a driver deployment or two.

Teleri

Post#7 » 17 Dec 2010, 14:21

According to Blizzard who can recreate the issue it has to do with Directx 11 cards and the way WoW utilizes its Directx 9 engine. I have had success in forcing WoW to use the (still) experimental Directx 11 engine. I also forced a clean install of the 260.99 drivers (thank god for CCleaner) and noticed GPU activity fall. I was able to quest in Deepholm yesterday for quite some time. However, there are two areas that cause me issues; Northwest of Therazane (the Pale Roost) and Southeast (Deathwing's fall). If I avoid those areas I am good.

Of course all this has been reported to Blizz.

They will patch it, I just wish they were faster on fullon patches. Its just like the issue SCII had when first released.

Return to “Open Discussion”