new ISP

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Aldafear

new ISP

Post#1 » 27 Jan 2011, 18:27

So my current ISP (ATT dsl) has been bending me over the past half year or so and I've come ready to dump them. I get horrible customer service, random latency flings in the daytime and a tiny bit of bandwidth at night. I've only got 3mbps DL since we got a great deal and after a few times of trying to upgrade (online and by phone) it's seeming impossible to even accomplish that. I'd like to know between AT&T and Comcast if anyone has had good/bad experiences, deem their rates reasonable, or anything else they'd like to share. My research thus far has shown Comcast would be a much better option especially with a good deal they've got now, but I have no reference for anything else with them. Btw this is for dsl or cable only because Uverse and any other fiberoptic isn't available near me.

Houtoku
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: new ISP

Post#2 » 27 Jan 2011, 18:43

Very few people I know like Comcast. Everyone I know that had Comcast at some point in the past has basically had the same complaints as you do about AT&T (ass speed, latency spikes, unreliable, terrible customer service, etc)
Houtoku - 100 Death Knight (Unholy)
Malgan - 100 Paladin (Holy)
Daelen - 100 Mage
Khalur - 100 Warlock
Malfor - 100 Druid (Guardian)
Carcharocles - 100 Warrior (Protection)
Malastor - 100 Rogue
Celerion - 100 Hunter
Haedrem - 100 Shaman

Teleri

Post#3 » 27 Jan 2011, 19:25

I have the ATT DSL Xtreme and am completely happy with it. I get a consistent 6Mbps night or day. However, I am in ATT's 'hub' in Atlanta. I also have heard people having problems with it. /shrug.

If it were me, I would stick with DSL and be persistent about upgrading. while Cable has higher speeds, remember, you also share that 'bandwith' with your neighbors. And during peak hours you just may find yourself with a sluggish network.

ISPs are such a gamble and really its not the ISPs fault per se, the US just seems to turn its back on those old copper wires that were laid decades ago, refusing to upgrade.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#4 » 27 Jan 2011, 21:35

i have Time Warner Cable, which probably isnt available in your area... I've had it for probably 15 years and I have to say I have never been dissapointed with it... It has a hiccup everyone once in a blue moon, but who doesnt
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100