Inturrupts

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Dystopium
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Inturrupts

Post#1 » 09 Feb 2011, 16:12

taken from http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/02/09/encrypted-text-lets-get-kicking/#continued

Key interrupts in current raiding:

BWD:

ODS: Arcanotron's "Arcane Annihilator". Fast cast, may have to set up an interrupt rotation to get them all. Pretty important in regular, a insta-kill in heroic.

Maloriak: This is the "interrupt fight". Arcane Storm (channel) and Release Abberations (fast cast). You will likely be assigned one or the other. For arcane storms, interrupt the channel asap; one tick will likely get though but there's no reason for a 2nd tick.

For Release Abberations, you'll likely want to let the first cast and the last 2 casts of each cycle though, interrupting only the 2nd (and maybe 3rd). Check the specific fight mechanics, and with your tanks, to plan this. A missed interrupt, or an extra interrupt, may wipe you due to excessive adds at the wrong time.

Note that both of these abilities continue in the green vial phase - you may want to have a focus kick macro, or stay on the boss entirely depending on the situation. The key to easily distinguishing which cast is which is the way the cast bar moves - one is a channel and one is a cast.

Atramades, Chimeron, Magmaw, Nefarian: Nothing!

BoT:

Halfus: If you have the Storm Rider drake, you will need to interrupt the shadow novas. Before the drake is released, the cast time is too fast to interrupt, but afterwards it's 1.5 seconds. You should set up an interrupt rotation with the Halfus tank to guarantee you get every one after the drake is released. Below 50% Halfus will stun everyone periodically 3 times in a row, then immediately cast the nova. It's best if you have a mage blink out of the 3rd stun then counterspell - I don't believe cloak or vanish work here (but correct me if I'm wrong...). Missing an interrupt on regular isn't the end of the world but especially early on in the fight, the healers will be taxed enough. On heroic everything NEEDS to be interrupted.

V + T: No interrupts.

Ascendant Council: Ignacious occasionally puts up Aegis of Flame then channels Rising Flames. Once the shield is dpsed down, interrupt the channel ASAP. Feludius casts Hydro Lance but the tank should be able to handle this solo (and melee shouldn't be close to him anyways). Terrastra casts harden skin, once again his tank should be able to interrupt this. Some raids may want to have this cast complete, since it's technically a dps gain and can be used to force his health down to 16% for the phase transition. The Elementium Monstrosity doesn't cast anything interruptible.

Cho'gall: The phase 1 adds (Corrupting Adherant) need to be interrupted when they cast Depravity. Once again, you may want to set up an interrupt rotation with the tank. Periodically, Cho'gall will cast conversion and several of your party will turn hostile and start channeling on the boss. A kick will interrupt this, as will any stun or (I think) disorient. Prioritize the kick for a healer, unless you have a different assignment. Don't worry about the school lock - the channel is not holy or nature (I think it's shadow?). In phase 2, the tentacles will channel a beam on random targets; this needs to be interrupted as well. The priority is beams on the healers, then on the dps, then on the tank.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Re: Inturrupts

Post#2 » 09 Feb 2011, 18:40

good post.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100