Rift

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Ffran
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Re: Rift

Post#16 » 09 Mar 2011, 08:51

about rift?

My brother in law worked on the high def 3d arts. he works at medusard and it the place where they make the best high resolution 3d images in the world.

Mila

Post#17 » 10 Mar 2011, 13:26

so at one point in the game yesterday the shit hit the fan and about 20 rifts opened and a couple of bosses spawned in the zone. i ended up tanking one of the bosses with about 4-5 other people helping out. was an epic battle that took about 15-20 mins lol

Rocknlawls

Post#18 » 10 Mar 2011, 17:45

So, is it worth the extra 15 bucks a month to play both WoW and Rift?

Mila

Post#19 » 10 Mar 2011, 18:02

its enough like wow to be enjoyable but the world gives a bit more of an epic feeling with having to constantly seal rifts and defend cities from attack. its more then worth the 50 bucks to play it for the first month, if you enjoy wow you will enjoy this game no doubt.

Palastorm

Post#20 » 10 Mar 2011, 19:26

I played in the last Rift closed beta, the head start and now I have a Lv31 Cleric on the Silkweb shard.

Shaaria

Post#21 » 11 Mar 2011, 01:46

I'm playing Rift, as I mentioned on another thread. I'm on the Wolfsbane server. I have a necromancer/warlock/chloromancer, level 26 now. I also have a level 19 shaman/justicar/druid. I love that you can have 4 roles, though they are rather costly to buy. The bank room is also costly. The artifacts are a fun thing to run across while you are running around doing quests, and/or rifting.

Graphics aren't bad. I think the crafting menus could be a bit more organized and easier to access. I also wouldn't mind knowing at what number you get new recipes being listed.

Merien
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#22 » 11 Mar 2011, 15:25

Too bad no mac version. I could duel boot, or use my i5 PC, but both make merbear cry.
Sorry bear rides are for Viola only.

Sacriphage

Post#23 » 13 Mar 2011, 00:09

I played the Rift BETA for 3 weeks before the official release, and I was very impressed with everything I experience in the first 17 levels of gameplay. The controls are so close to WoW that most players will be able to seamlessly jump from Warcraft to Rift without much thought. The UI customization features are nice, and the lack of need for addons to customize it further is a real nice addition if you're on a resource-sensitive system like me. I really liked the feel and look of the game - it is sharp, that's for sure.

I won't be making the jump to Rift yet due to system requirement limitations (I don't have the funds to just drop a chunk of change on hardware upgrades), so I'll continue to play WoW until that time comes.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#24 » 13 Mar 2011, 00:24

Could it be the WoW killer?

Yeah, everyone asks that about all the other MMOs that have come before Rift. But I never heard such consistently positive feedback about those other MMOs, in comparison to Rift.
The Champ Is Here.

Mila

Post#25 » 13 Mar 2011, 14:30

if the end game is any count i think it could take a bit of wow's players base probably not enough to kill it though.

Alrcari

Post#26 » 14 Mar 2011, 11:23

Also on Wolfsbane, did Beta 3 to present. Have a 42 Necro/Warlock and a 17 Justicar/Shaman battlepriest (For healing, I switch to a Warden build.

Alrcari

Post#27 » 07 Apr 2011, 03:51

For those that have asked me about getting some keys to "try out" this game, please read the information below. My key will grant up to 5 people access to try out the game. I will see if anyone else got sent one and have it posted.

Again, this is only for those that asked about a trial of the game.

Enjoy!

- Al
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Invite your friends!

Now is your chance to bring your allies to the war! Give these codes to friends who have yet to join you in RIFT, and they can play for free during the Allies of the Ascended special event.
Please note that the Ally Code only grant access during the dates listed below, so send it off to your friends today!

Send the instructions and code below to your chosen allies. This code can be redeemed five times, so send it to friends, post it on Facebook, or tweet it!

RIFT is holding a special Allies of the Ascended event. As my chosen ally, you can use this code to join me during the dates below, free of charge! Heed my call, and together we shall battle the Blood Storm!

Event Dates
10am PDT April 8, 2011 through 10am PDT April 11, 2011

Ally Code

N3YC-EZD2-CJ36-E997-XWZY

Visit http://www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally instructions on how to apply your Ally Code and to download the RIFT patcher.

This Ally Code will grant new players (excludes existing RIFT subscribers) a digital download of RIFT and access to certain features of this game during the Allies of the Ascended Event (see above for event dates). You will need to have or create a Trion Worlds Account to participate in this event.

RIFT requires a recurring monthly subscription fee and an internet connection (for which the player is responsible) to play. In order to continue playing RIFT upon conclusion of the Allies of the Ascended Event, the player must purchase the game software at a retail store or via digital download and update their Account information with a valid credit card or official Game Time Card to pay the recurring subscription fee. The first subscription fee will be charged upon conclusion of the thirty (30) days of gameplay time included with initial game purchase.

To ensure our emails are not filtered into your junk folder, use your email program to set trionworlds.com as a safe sender.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#28 » 15 Jun 2011, 17:16

So, in my research of recent issues, I see that Wolfsbane is the highest population server in the North America list. The 40 minute queue waits too log in, and frequent realm crashes have me considering transferrig already... and I've only been playing for a week.

The down side is... RIFT is definately one of those games where the fun level is dependant upon the population of the server. Good luck beating a massive invasion when there are only 6 people in the realm. And dungeon queues are same-shard only.... which means they take forever as it is, let alone on a low pop server.

So, im still iffy on the situation.
The Champ Is Here.

Elindrissa

Post#29 » 15 Jun 2011, 21:52

Just started on Wolfsbane earlier today.

Return to “Open Discussion”