Rift

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Mila

Rift

Post#1 » 07 Mar 2011, 17:38

anyone else pic this up and giving it a try? if so what server?

Elyle

Re: Rift

Post#2 » 07 Mar 2011, 18:23

been thinking about picking it up any good?

Houtoku
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 07 Mar 2011, 18:38

Dragon Age II tomorrow.. /joy
Houtoku - 100 Death Knight (Unholy)
Malgan - 100 Paladin (Holy)
Daelen - 100 Mage
Khalur - 100 Warlock
Malfor - 100 Druid (Guardian)
Carcharocles - 100 Warrior (Protection)
Malastor - 100 Rogue
Celerion - 100 Hunter
Haedrem - 100 Shaman

Mila

Post#4 » 07 Mar 2011, 18:44

just started playing it a few minutes ago and it has a very wow feel to it with the hot keys where everything is located so everything comes pretty naturally in it, the class combination system is awesome so far.

Teleri

Post#5 » 07 Mar 2011, 18:49

Houtoku wrote:Dragon Age II tomorrow.. /joy

WOOT WOOT!

<3 me some Bioware!

And ME3 later this year! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEej1RfqTs

Phrostbyte

Post#6 » 07 Mar 2011, 19:31

I beat Dragon Age 2 today. I was quite disappointed at the length.

Teleri

Post#7 » 07 Mar 2011, 22:55

Phrostbyte wrote:I beat Dragon Age 2 today. I was quite disappointed at the length.

The Demo maybe? Dragon Age: Origins took me over 100 hours I am expecting the same from DA2.

Brenstel

Post#8 » 08 Mar 2011, 07:19

Houtoku wrote:Dragon Age II tomorrow.. /joy

Picking this up after work...this and mass effect are the best RPGs out there...wife and i talked about rift but we dont feel like dropping a cnote on a game that has talent tree issuses , as being reported from some critic we read.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#9 » 08 Mar 2011, 08:17

Dragon Age one was not amazing in my opinion. The battle system was nice, I actually enjoyed the pausing, issuing commands, unpause for 5 seconds, then pause again aspect. But other parts of the gameplay seriously lacked. The AI was stupid as all hell, some parts were very glitchy, and the gear didnt have enough variety, or make sense. You'd get a Heavy Chest Armor with some wierd combo like: +4 Magic and +1 to your Warrior's Berserker ability. And the gear seemed pointless; As in, it really didnt impact your ability to continue. Both my mages were in the starting robes for at least 40% of the game because there wasn't anything I could find better, and I still had no trouble. Some may consider that a good aspect... but I personally like the variety and necessity of gear and accessories in WoW.

I played it all the way through, but it was more because I was sooo bored with my other games... not because it was good.

Hopefully Dragon Age II is better.
The Champ Is Here.

Teleri

Post#10 » 08 Mar 2011, 09:53

To each their own. However like the gear you just pointed out would have been used for the Arcane Warrior in DAO. But for the most part if you weren't battling the High Dragons in game and needed the fire resist you're pretty much right. Gear was more for asthetics than really doing much. Oh and the stupid hats for mages in DAO were downright dumb looking.

For the most part I like the lore of the games. There was so much to take in.

Merien
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#11 » 08 Mar 2011, 10:23

I thought it was a great game, in many ways because of the reason you stated you not liking it.

My biggest problem about most RPGs is the crazy dependance on gear. I would personally prefer a systme where gear basicily gave you flavor, but your "drops" are new skill points. So instead of picking up a chest with new stats, i keep my same chest that increases armor and stamina by 10% (or something like), and taking the orb of 30 stamina and using it on my char. It should be about your charater not your gear.

Anyway, it was a great great game, i am waiting to see if the second will be as good as the first, let me know.
Sorry bear rides are for Viola only.

Phrostbyte

Post#12 » 08 Mar 2011, 12:01

Teleri wrote:
Phrostbyte wrote:I beat Dragon Age 2 today. I was quite disappointed at the length.

The Demo maybe? Dragon Age: Origins took me over 100 hours I am expecting the same from DA2.

No, the whole game. My roommate works at blockbuster and brought it home last friday. On the normal mode it only took me about 16 hours to play through the whole thing as a rogue. I guess I could see over 100 hours if you played through as all 4 classes? I never played the first one.

Ffran
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#13 » 08 Mar 2011, 14:57

I saw DAII coming out so I picked up the first one and after playing for 5 minutes I got bored to death and put in NGII

Ninja Gaiden II is THE most hardcore game I've ever played and I have to say, if you're a fan of hack and slash and that you're looking for a title to test your abilities, this is the game for you. I started on warrior difficulty and got to chapter 2. I tryed really hard but since my game was not clean and I wasted gold on unneeded stuff I lacked in money to buy health items so I started on Acolyte and finished it in 24 hours of play time(one week-end) I just couldn't stop until I had it done and if my buddy wasn't beside me all along watching my every moves and in possession of unharmed tumbs to beat two of those bosses I would probably have had to wait till my tumbs healed before trying again ; )

Ninja Gaiden II = a game for hardcore gamers. The question is are you hardcore

Previous experiences that may have helped me is playing a LOT of Dynasty Warrior 4 on reg. X-BOX. Then orochi warrior till level 99. but orochi warrior sucked compared to DW4 the combat system is lame and you guys cant even change his orientation after we has a combo initiated. I think DW4 had the best combats(charging in a pack of infantry felt like playing booling lol love it)

Anyways!!! NGII!!! GOGETIT!!!

Merien
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#14 » 08 Mar 2011, 17:03

Dragon's age is alot about the story.

Yes the first 5 mins are slow, but it really picks up. Now its not hack and slash, but the story is very good IMO.
Sorry bear rides are for Viola only.

Rocknlawls

Post#15 » 09 Mar 2011, 01:53

Can we get back to the topic at hand, that being Rift and whether people are playing it, tried it, enjoyed it, don't like it, etc.

Return to “Open Discussion”