4.2 Patch

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Teleri

4.2 Patch

Post#1 » 08 Jun 2011, 11:28

I looks like 4.2 will go live on 21 JUN Since they announce the end of arena season 9.

Schecterxx

Re: 4.2 Patch

Post#2 » 08 Jun 2011, 12:42

YESSIR i am GEEKED AS FUCK for it. (don't ask me what that really means it sounded cool to me at the time, and I don't believe in backspace.)

Aldafear

Post#3 » 09 Jun 2011, 09:02

Hmm I might come back after a month absense, probably starting next week. The rewards from the daily hub area look amazing. Still gotta see nef chogall and alakir before I'd consider setting foot in firelands though heh.

Gouken

Post#4 » 09 Jun 2011, 17:33

more warrior nerfs...yay :x

Schecterxx

Post#5 » 11 Jun 2011, 13:06

corvinus just be glad you arent a rogue, 10th overall dps and 4th in melee for a PURE dps class. even with the buffs we are getting we are still the same, 10th overall dps and 4th in melee.

Irate

Post#6 » 12 Jun 2011, 19:13

Schecterxx wrote:corvinus just be glad you arent a rogue, 10th overall dps and 4th in melee for a PURE dps class. even with the buffs we are getting we are still the same, 10th overall dps and 4th in melee.

What? Assassination goes from being 17th Best DPS to 5th best. Subtlety goes from being 23rd to 12th. Combat goes from 22nd to being 14th. Huge buffs for rogues of all specs. Arms goes from 2nd best in damage to 30th best (holy crap thats a nerf, chart only goes to 32), which makes them the lowest dps normal spec in the game, a frostfire mage and an ah unholy dk are lower, but 2h unholy is 2nd highest. SMF Fury goes from 10th best DPS to 18th best. And TG Fury goes from 13th best to 24th. I wish I was a rogue, even your worst PvE spec will be better than all 3 of our best :(

Schecterxx

Post#7 » 12 Jun 2011, 23:44

Irate wrote:
Schecterxx wrote:corvinus just be glad you arent a rogue, 10th overall dps and 4th in melee for a PURE dps class. even with the buffs we are getting we are still the same, 10th overall dps and 4th in melee.

What? Assassination goes from being 17th Best DPS to 5th best. Subtlety goes from being 23rd to 12th. Combat goes from 22nd to being 14th. Huge buffs for rogues of all specs. Arms goes from 2nd best in damage to 30th best (holy crap thats a nerf, chart only goes to 32), which makes them the lowest dps normal spec in the game, a frostfire mage and an ah unholy dk are lower, but 2h unholy is 2nd highest. SMF Fury goes from 10th best DPS to 18th best. And TG Fury goes from 13th best to 24th. I wish I was a rogue, even your worst PvE spec will be better than all 3 of our best :(

This is what i was Quoting Irate, I think it was written a couple of weeks ago by Aldriana on EJ so it can (most likely) be old news even though its not THAT old.

Not quite sure where people are getting 7.5%; looks like closer to 5% to me. Vile Poisons stacks additively with Mastery so (assuming you have ~20 mastery, which is typical for near-BIS) its a 2.06/1.9 = 8.4% boost to your IP/DP damage, and a 1.2/1.15 = 4.3% boost to your autoattack, mutilate, backstab, and envenom damage, with no buff at all to venomous wounds (I don't remember off the top of my head whether Assassin's Resolve applies to Rupture/Garotte, but they're minor sources of damage anyway). So its, say, 8.4% to a third of our damage, 4.3% to half of it, and no boost at all to the rest, which looks like rather less than 7.5% to me. When I worked it out for my Chimaeron kill this week, it boosts my 8300262 damage to 8729643, a 5.2% boost. Nice, certainly, but lets put it in perspective.

If we look at the average DPS of top parses, we're (as of this writing) at 26594 DPS, in 10th place, 4th among melee. A 5.2% boost puts us at 27977, which is... 10th place, 4th among melee.

So yeah, didn't mean to upset you with the post I was just reiterating what i read on the web.

Irate

Post#8 » 13 Jun 2011, 08:33

Didn't upset me, but just saying you will be moving up in damage rankings as others are moving down, no matter what spec of rogue you plan on being. Makes me sad that even Sub will be better than Warrs best DPS spec in 4.2.

Sarella

Post#9 » 13 Jun 2011, 15:22

It's about time warriors were nerfed, let's finally nerf mages too.

Since Wrath, wars/mages get treated like royalty in this game, their dps is too high needlessly and unfairly vs the rest of the specs. They may try to argue differently, but if you checked worldoflogs every month or so, who else did you see holding the records?

Let's hear it for nerfing them both to the level of enhancement shammies on professor putricide! (Then remove the stupid bear nerfs from 4.2!)

Teleri

Post#10 » 13 Jun 2011, 15:28

@Sarella, you'll like this nerf:

Death knights, paladins, and warriors no longer receive any bonus to their chance to dodge from Agility. Their base chance to dodge is now a fixed 5%.

Sarella

Post#11 » 13 Jun 2011, 17:16

Instead they'll receive an additional 2% parry from Str, 27% instead of 25%

Charsi has 3800 str and 200 agi (approximately)

So 2% of 3800 is 76
25% of 200 is 50.

Adding in Raid buffs of 550 that's:
2% of 550 as 11
25% of 550 is 140

So the nerf nets out to be 87 parry gained for 190 dodge lost. Around 0.45% avoidance nerf when raid buffed.

0.5% vs our 1 ap per str nerf costing us about 350 ap or approx 200 damage per shield.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#12 » 13 Jun 2011, 18:04

It cracks me up how people complain about other specs being OP. I use it in Jest vs Hunters, Rogues, and Nnemesis... but in all honesty, where does one class being OP hinder any of us? None of us are hardcore PvPers... even those in the guild that dabble in some Arena couldn't be called hardcore PVPers. 80% of the population are not hardcore PvPers. But they complain... because they are not on the top of the charts. Thats what it really boils down to... they want to be on top of the charts, and if its easier for another class... something must be wrong. In the big picture though... would you honestly prefer us to suck? Do you want to carry us? Should we do 10k less so you can top the chart as we wipe to enrage timers? I dont get it. Complaining about class inbalance has killed this game. Why? Because Blizzard listens. And they have nonstop nerfed/buffed/hotfixed classes to the point where, if we take two months off... we need to relearn our class because of how many changes were made.
The Champ Is Here.

Teleri

Post#13 » 13 Jun 2011, 18:27

Cremate wrote:Complaining about class inbalance has killed this game.

As this is your only MMO that you have played I assure you that there will never be class balance. Someone is always going to be "OP". Ever since Everquest there has always been a class that was FOTM in whatever MMO it is. Its the nature of the beast. As we level and gear no amount of sandboxing can show the developers what ingenious players do with what is given to them. Hell some rotations are born from the player community and never were intended from the developer prospective.

Most of us do claim OP-ness in jest but there are some that get downright pissed. There's no reason to be, its a never ending cycle and soon it will be your turn. Take Arms warriors for instance. In BC they ruled the meters and logs, mmm Slam rotation; Its why I played one in BC. Then they got nurfed all to hell and back. And now they rule again only to be (soon) nurfed again.

When you take a step back and look at the larger picture class inbalance is (part of) the game. A larger part of the community love the theorycrafting aspect of wow and live to min/max their toons.

Delixioso

Post#14 » 17 Jun 2011, 01:34

It's official, the patch will be June 28th

Teleri

Post#15 » 17 Jun 2011, 07:38

Delixioso wrote:It's official, the patch will be June 28th

It is?

Return to “Open Discussion”