4.2 Patch

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Re: 4.2 Patch

Post#16 » 17 Jun 2011, 07:55

Blizzard released a new build on the PTR (nothing substantial, really) but MMO-Champion thought they'd likely move the live date back a week, due to it. Now the official Blizzard 4.2 page shows the date 6.28.11 next to the heading.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/234 ... tes-Update

Furrywarrior

Post#17 » 17 Jun 2011, 12:27

Nerfs for warriors are going to suck, but ive played a war since vanilla we are always up and down, blizz does a good job of balancing, though they do neglect certain specs once in awhile. Wars only dominate ala'kir and chimearon, they can be up on top on other fights if not all. I've always done bad on omnitron always in the 70% parsing range but this week i hit past 100 and ranked 163. Their seems to be confusion about how op classes are and people complain cause they top meters but if your not parsing against your own class and spec it has nothing to do with the person on top of the meters but with you. Just cause you aint topping meters dont complain your class is bad, look up the fight, look at how others do the fights. I see that delixisio and nemesis rank quite abit on pm team but it seems people will just say delixisio is a war, thats why he tops meters and not consider that hey this guy is a good player. Ive ran one night with pm team on my war and was impressed by cremate just as with am teams catapult. I could ramble on forever on this but even with the nerfs to wars in 4.2 i aim to be the best i can be and still try to make world of logs. If i'm beaten by other classes due to my nerfs i will not cry foul, i will just try to do as good as the other top warriors in the world and not compare myself to just our raids meters.

Irate

Post#18 » 18 Jun 2011, 20:55

Exactly, it's about parsing percentage vs your spec. It's always nice to be #1 on your run for the day, but #1 doesn't mean you are the best there. Some fights certain specs have a huge advantage over others, and you will see 2 people of the same class playing different specs, and the end of the fight comes and they are very close on DPS. Yet one parses at 95% and the other at 75%. that means the higher parsed player (even though they did roughly the same dps/damage), played their class/role to a greater potential that fight. I like topping meters, it's great, but watching how you rank vs your spec on world of logs will tell you truly how good of a player you are. No buffs or nerfs are going to help you make logs, as everyone else of your class/spec will get that buff too. If you don't make the logs now, you will not with buffs, unless you make a change to your playstyle.

Return to “Open Discussion”