Authenticator Changes

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Teleri

Authenticator Changes

Post#1 » 18 Jun 2011, 09:56

Just in case anyone missed this change:

If you use an authenticator – and we hope you do – you may soon notice that an authenticator prompt may not appear with every login. We’ve recently updated our authentication system to intelligently track your login locations, and if you’re logging in consistently from the same place, you may not be asked for an authenticator code. This change is being made to make the authenticator process less intrusive when we’re sure the person logging in to your account is you.

Schecterxx

Re: Authenticator Changes

Post#2 » 18 Jun 2011, 10:13

I think its quite nice, especially lets say, you DC in the middle of a raid and you have to be like, uhhh, where the fuck are mah keys? OH GET AWAY FROM THOSE CAT, then your cat picks up your keys and runs from you with your keys in its mouth, and you finally dig em out of the litterbox the cat just happened to drop them in, then run back to your computer, punch in your code, and....your toon is dead all because of your cat. Wait, what? (just in case you were wondering, yes, this happened to me once, my cat thought she was bieng "cute")

Brenstel

Post#3 » 18 Jun 2011, 11:55

Im happy that it just works...it was a nice suprised when I logged onto the first page yesterday and the character screen just popped up as I was trying to find the stupid authenticator

Furrywarrior

Post#4 » 18 Jun 2011, 12:22

I personally love the change but still no love for starcraft 2 :(

Houtoku
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#5 » 18 Jun 2011, 13:19

I initially thought I'd gotten hacked again and they removed it. Was kinda "O.o? wtf.." but then I asked Dantep and he told me about this..
Houtoku - 100 Death Knight (Unholy)
Malgan - 100 Paladin (Holy)
Daelen - 100 Mage
Khalur - 100 Warlock
Malfor - 100 Druid (Guardian)
Carcharocles - 100 Warrior (Protection)
Malastor - 100 Rogue
Celerion - 100 Hunter
Haedrem - 100 Shaman

Steelwarlord

Post#6 » 18 Jun 2011, 19:51

My reaction was simmaler Houty, but I went to the main site and logged in there to make sure it was still tied to my acc.

Irate

Post#7 » 18 Jun 2011, 20:46

Surprised by these responses, this morning I would have thought it was the end of the world when people were logging on, lol.

Phrostbyte

Post#8 » 19 Jun 2011, 20:00

I hate the changes. I like knowing that my authenticator is attached and being used every time I log in. I wish I could turn this new 'feature' off.

Dotmatrics

Post#9 » 19 Jun 2011, 20:09

I agree with phrosty... It is out of sight out of mind. How do I know it is working? Hate it.

Sacriphage

Post#10 » 20 Jun 2011, 03:42

Phrostbyte wrote:I hate the changes. I like knowing that my authenticator is attached and being used every time I log in. I wish I could turn this new 'feature' off.

This.

It may actually be just as secure as logging in with an authenticator every time, but it FEELS much less secure. I paid my $6 because I want to know for fact that no one else on this planet can access my account without the electronic trinket on my keychain. I really hope Blizz opts to make this feature optional.

Teleri

Post#11 » 20 Jun 2011, 16:10

Make sure you guys post on the forums about this change and how you would like for it to be optional.

Schecterxx

Post#12 » 20 Jun 2011, 17:08

Maalpractice wrote:
Phrostbyte wrote:I hate the changes. I like knowing that my authenticator is attached and being used every time I log in. I wish I could turn this new 'feature' off.

This.

It may actually be just as secure as logging in with an authenticator every time, but it FEELS much less secure. I paid my $6 because I want to know for fact that no one else on this planet can access my account without the electronic trinket on my keychain. I really hope Blizz opts to make this feature optional.

think about it, if it tracks your IP when you log in from the same machine, then someone trying to hack your account is gonna have a different machine and IP and itll ask them for authentication.

Return to “Open Discussion”