Dammit

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Teleri

Dammit

Post#1 » 05 Aug 2011, 18:57

well they finally did it:

Unheeded Warning now grants 1926 attack power, instead of 680 weapon damage.

back to theorycrafting....... :cry:

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Dammit

Post#2 » 05 Aug 2011, 22:14

Still no changes to Mage Tier, or trinkets. WTF are they doing?
The Champ Is Here.

Schecterxx

Post#3 » 06 Aug 2011, 15:46

shit, i gotta check my bank and see if i still have mine then.

Teleri

Post#4 » 06 Aug 2011, 17:52

Schecterxx wrote:shit, i gotta check my bank and see if i still have mine then.

Why? Its no good now. :?

Steelwarlord

Post#5 » 06 Aug 2011, 22:13

I think the atp is better for Rogues and Enhance Shammies than the weapon damage was.

Sarella

Post#6 » 06 Aug 2011, 23:06

No, enh shammies use weapon damage for lava lash plus stormstrike.

Steelwarlord

Post#7 » 07 Aug 2011, 01:13

ok then just Rogues I guess

Darkrytez

Post#8 » 07 Aug 2011, 03:08

your post is correct and incorrect sarella. lava lash is based off wpn dmg BUT ap is better due to the conversion of ap to sp. also ap increasing the weapon dmg overall. the lava lash runs off the number of searing totem applications on the target. either way the trinket is ok for enh.
the darkmoon fare card with 321 agi and nature damage is rated better. today i looked at the actualy trinket in game and it still does weapon damage not attack power. I havent looked to see if the changes will make warning better then the darkmoon card.

Sarella

Post#9 » 07 Aug 2011, 08:57

I put no effort into reading how much weapon dmg vs ap will work out because I only ever seem to get to be resto on my shaman of late.

However - Enh shammies enjoy 2.6 weapon speeds for determining weapon damage, then boost it down to around 1 second, so that could have an effect on how balanced the ap vs wea damage really is. I'm sure someone will theorycraft it (probably not vanity who claims to be as lazy as i am at that stuff!) but lemme know how the ratings change.

Darkrytez

Post#10 » 07 Aug 2011, 09:13

ya im to lazy to actually do the theorycrafting either. Oh also flametongue is based off weapon damage/speed also. I havent found any posts about it yet.

Edit: This is the only thing I could find
The Flametongue Weapon imbue is the Enhancement Shaman's primary OH weapon imbue. It increases the damage of LL, and causes us to proc fire damage on every OH hit. Flametongue performs better than Windfury on the OH in all cases. Flametongue scales appropriately with weapon speed. Slower weapons cause more FT damage and fast weapons cause less damage. As of Patch 4.0.6, FT now scales from AP instead of SP.

Return to “Open Discussion”