Why Did You Pick Your Toons Name

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Nullfox

Why Did You Pick Your Toons Name

Post#1 » 29 Sep 2011, 01:28

Well While I Was Going Through The Wow Fourms I Noticed A Thread That I Thought Was Interesting. It Was A Post Titled "Why'd you pick your character name". I loved some of the answers so i figured id try and find out why people in the guild chose their names. So I Will start with mines.

I am a huge Metal Gear Solid fan. and anyone who if familiar with the series knows who Frank Yeager is. Well when he was young his original name was Null (Cause he had no feelings) Later he obtained the code name Grey Fox. When I Made my rogue i thought "Hell he is close enough to what a rogue is" So I tried to name him Greyfox. But someone stole it already /Shake Fist. So I decided to throw his old name with his new name and came up with Nullfox.

(FYI I tried to not cap all my words but messed up a couple times. So you will notice some things all caped and others not. Some call it dumb but i call it improvement :D )

Ljay
Mythic Raid Leader
Mythic Raid Leader

Re: Why Did You Pick Your Toons Name

Post#2 » 29 Sep 2011, 07:33

Oh I will go next. Originally I was an undead warrior named Lostjaw. Which of course had no lower jaw. Most people started callimg me LJ for short. So when I faction/server changed I renamed him Ljay :P

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 29 Sep 2011, 10:34

When I was younger one of my best neighborhood friends would always call me Dillweed. This is because my name irl is Dylan. I have changed it in WoW many times, its been Roflbiscuit (there was a rofl[breakfast club] on my server at one point), Everlong was when I first applied to AM back in wrath, hopefully somebody knows why I picked the name.

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#4 » 29 Sep 2011, 12:27

Ljay wrote:Originally I was an undead warrior named Lostjaw. Which of course had no lower jaw. Most people started callimg me LJ for short. So when I faction/server changed I renamed him Ljay :P

Since you faction-changed to draenei, did you ever consider renaming him Foundit?

Dotmatrics

Post#5 » 29 Sep 2011, 12:45

Boccaccio - It is one of my favorite authors Giovanni Boccaccio, Italian author of the Decameron. His works inspired other authors such as Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.

Shezapriesta - Every name I wanted was taken... so I thought to myself, what is she about? What is her story? My first response was, She's a priest. That is her inception.

Cherrypi - I'm a math geek and PumpkinPi was already taken.

Jadegin - name of a previous pet, and the alcohol that was in my current drink.

Plethoras
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#6 » 29 Sep 2011, 19:47

Mine Is base uppon a Car name Plethore witch in greek or what ever means lots
the car is design in Quebec and look sliek this

Darkrytez

Post#7 » 30 Sep 2011, 00:40

Pretolkos wrote:
Ljay wrote:Originally I was an undead warrior named Lostjaw. Which of course had no lower jaw. Most people started callimg me LJ for short. So when I faction/server changed I renamed him Ljay :P

Since you faction-changed to draenei, did you ever consider renaming him Foundit?

HAH I wonder if anyone caught that pret lol

Darkrytez

Post#8 » 30 Sep 2011, 00:47

My toons first name was Holykrozz, kept this name all throug vanilla and tbc. In wrath when I was in Overclocked we had a preist named holyonee. during raids bloodheavy would yell out holy heal and we both would respond. Usually with me being like "are you fucking retarded" to "FUCK OFF". Also Holyonee would bitch and moan claiming he was the first holy on the server (he wasnt I was cuz I have been on this server since release). Getting tired of hearing his PMS I changed it to Nemesis (yes i know), with funny lettering. I chose that name because Nemesis is also means righteous justice. I can't remember what language or Mythology it came from but it was also a God of past beliefs. When ulduar came out Overclocked finally went to DKP system for the loot instead of the random rolls, the letters I used in my name would not read with the dkp addon or w/e our dkp officer used, so once again I had to change it. I put the 2 names together and came up with darkrytez. You think of nemesis as a dark arch enemy and justice as miranda rights.

Nullfox

Post#9 » 30 Sep 2011, 01:36

Darkrytez wrote:
Pretolkos wrote:

HAH I wonder if anyone caught that pret lol

I Did

Ljay
Mythic Raid Leader
Mythic Raid Leader

Post#10 » 30 Sep 2011, 07:10

Pretolkos wrote:

That is funny and I should have lol.

Scrubman

Post#11 » 30 Sep 2011, 08:58

Hi I'm a scrub.

Ljay
Mythic Raid Leader
Mythic Raid Leader

Post#12 » 30 Sep 2011, 15:45

Scrubman wrote:Hi I'm a scrub.

True story! Hes a baddy! lol

Shaaria

Post#13 » 30 Sep 2011, 16:07

Alright, believe it or not, I named my character after a D&D character I was playing at the time. It was a priestess, but I didn't want to play a priest. So the name became my hunter's name.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#14 » 30 Sep 2011, 16:54

Most of my toons have cheesey names.

Cremate - Started as a fire mage, who burned shit.

Chastise - Holy Paladin who "disciplined" shit.

Anxious - Shaman with Heroism that speeds shit up.

Sadden - It was a dark time for me, and I just levelled this toon to take my mind off shit.

Jayrizzo - Was my first toon. I had no idea it was going to use this as my actual Character name, I thought it was just my account name. Jayrizzo was one of many nicknames people used to call me at my old job.
The Champ Is Here.

Darkrytez

Post#15 » 01 Oct 2011, 01:04

Cremate wrote:Most of my toons have cheesey names.

Cremate - Started as a fire mage, who burned shit.

Chastise - Holy Paladin who "disciplined" shit.

Anxious - Shaman with Heroism that speeds shit up.

Sadden - It was a dark time for me, and I just levelled this toon to take my mind off shit.

Jayrizzo - Was my first toon. I had no idea it was going to use this as my actual Character name, I thought it was just my account name. Jayrizzo was one of many nicknames people used to call me at my old job.

Idk why but everytime i see your toons name jayrizzo it sounds sooooo familiar from the beginning of wrath. I can't seem to pinpoint were from though. Only memory I have is being in atrocity pugging a few people in naxx and one of them being that. I also for some reason when I hear the name I think of someone on vent saying "IM AFRORICAN". To be honest the voice sounded more like nems but meh.

Return to “Open Discussion”