BlizzCon.....want to go?

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Ankhanan

BlizzCon.....want to go?

Post#1 » 16 Oct 2011, 15:28

Good Day Folks!

I applied and ran with the AM group a little over a month ago. Then my work schedule changed and I had to cancel my app. In fact, I had to stop playing WoW all-together (work/life balance became work/work no balance). I am finally getting to a point where I will be able to play again, so I hope to app again in the next few weeks.

Oh yeah....BlizzCon....

This will be my 3rd consecutive year to attend BlizzCon. The previous two years I went solo. This year, I picked up an extra ticket for a friend to go but they notified me a couple days ago that they can't make it. So now I have a spare ticket. I can certainly just pick up the spare goody bag and then eBay it, but I would much rather offer the ticket up to someone that will attend and enjoy the Con.

So......if you can make it to BlizzCon this year, I will happy give my spare ticket to you. Give as in FREE. The only catch is that the ticket is in my name, so you will have to stand in line with me on the first day to get your badge and goody bag. After that, you are free to do as you please.

I would prefer to give the ticket to an active raider just so I know it isn't some scrub coming to get a free goody bag and then flip it on eBay. Ultimately what you do is up to you, but I can tell you from experience that the Con is pretty cool. Plus, The Foo Fighters are playing the closing ceremony. I have a knack for being right on the stage for the closing show so stick with me if you want taste Dave Grohl's sweat.

Here is a picture I took from last year's show with Tenacious D. I was right on the stage -

If you would like to go, send me a PM here on the web site or feel free to give me a call/text 425-647-3440. I will be pretty busy with work related travel on Tues, Wed. I fly into Orange County late Thursday evening and will be at the Anaheim Convention Center a coupole of hours before they open the doors to let people in.

Chris - 425-647-3440

Ankhanan

Re: BlizzCon.....want to go?

Post#2 » 17 Oct 2011, 18:33

Really? Not a single bite? Certainly someone lives in southern California and only has to drive in.

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#3 » 17 Oct 2011, 19:49

It's quite a generous offer, Ankh, especially for hard-to-get tickets like this. Unfortunately, I can't think of any of our raiders who do live in the area. There may be somebody who does, but I don't recall it. I think almost all of our raiders live in the Eastern Time Zone or overseas, with a couple from Texas.

And I think I'd face a coup (or WoW court martial, perhaps) if I left my raid group for another week, considering I just got back from vacation. :D

I hope you have a great time!

Tharia

Post#4 » 17 Oct 2011, 22:05

I'd go, but I have no way of flying from Ontario to Cali =(

Ankhanan

Post#5 » 23 Oct 2011, 02:15

Dillweed was the lucky recpient! We met and hung out for BlizzCon. pulling pics off my phone now.

Chris/Ankh

Return to “Open Discussion”