Blizzard is allowing in-house gold selling

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Brenstel

Blizzard is allowing in-house gold selling

Post#1 » 02 Nov 2011, 08:06

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/253 ... -Available!

so far $10 how much gold do u think this will fetch on the AH?

Tharia

Re: Blizzard is allowing in-house gold selling

Post#2 » 02 Nov 2011, 08:34

$10 is about 7k gold - give or take. I've seen people offering game time for 10k gold which costs them about $15 in the blizz store. So if people are selling the pet for more than 8k, it's a rip off. I personally wouldn't pay a copper more than 7k for it.

Tharia

Post#3 » 02 Nov 2011, 08:35

Also, that's one of the major things for Diablo 3, being able to auction game items for real world money.... at least that's what I read.

Thondar

Post#4 » 02 Nov 2011, 10:29

The thing about this whole deal is, Are people really going to pay 7k gold at least to buy a little pet that everyone is going to have? I highly doubt it so its kind of a hit and miss about buying the pet purely for selling on the in game AH. Just my 2 cents

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#5 » 02 Nov 2011, 11:29

The demand for the pet will be highly swayed by whether or not one pet extends to all Alts... or if you need to buy one for each toon you have.
The Champ Is Here.

Alrcari

Post#6 » 02 Nov 2011, 16:35

Cremate wrote:The demand for the pet will be highly swayed by whether or not one pet extends to all Alts... or if you need to buy one for each toon you have.

The pet is one time use and BOE. So you could buy several and sell them to all the characters on the same account. The auction changes reflect the upcoming changes being put into the Diablo 3 platform right now. Blizzard is planning on a transaction fee to post items/gold, and when it sells, a fee for the actual sale itself. There has been a lot of debate about the whole matter and Blizzard is pretty set on their plans. One thing is clear: Blizzard wants a piece of that pie and they will get it.

-Al

Tharia

Post#7 » 02 Nov 2011, 17:54

Alrcari wrote: One thing is clear: Blizzard wants a piece of that pie and they will get it.

Exactly, this is why we are seeing it bleed over into WoW. Why just save it for D3 when it can be implemented in an existing and somewhat thriving game?

Return to “Open Discussion”