anyone using LFR on the test server:?

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Brenstel

anyone using LFR on the test server:?

Post#1 » 18 Nov 2011, 08:57

what r your thoughts on it? can u group up as a 10 man and use it to raid at the easier level?

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Re: anyone using LFR on the test server:?

Post#2 » 18 Nov 2011, 09:05

I havent. But I dont personally see it working very well. The queue is an hour long for a 5 mans, I cant imagine how long it would take for a 10 or 25 man with the right composition. Even so, the ratio of bad/carried players to good/skilled players will be so unpredictable with this system, that many will give up on it after a few weeks of getting completely randomly skilled raiders in their groups. People bailing, people ninja-rolling, etc... all of the irritating things that we see in 5 man dungeons, now on a larger scale, in raids.
The Champ Is Here.

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 18 Nov 2011, 12:21

I used it on the PTR. LFR is 25 man only. I queued as dps and it took about 10 min. I got into an already progressed group though. The only thing that sucks is the lack of vent. Usually people that queue for it don't care to even look up the fights or even the Dungeon journal. It takes a while to type out fights.

Oh and if you have seen any updates on it. They have prevented ninja rolling. If a tank item drops, the person with the tank role selected gets a 100+ bonus to the roll and a dps could not win it. Not sure how it will work with casters vs melee.

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#4 » 18 Nov 2011, 12:34

From what I heard, you aren't allowed to queue in a group; it's single-queue only.

Numerical

Post#5 » 18 Nov 2011, 16:37

I got into a new group within 10 mins of queuing. I queued as a tank and things went fine, boss downed very easily.

However, next time i tried, as a healer, new group again and the group fell apart within 10 mins as people were pulling all over the place, not waiting for any direct leadership etc. That is the experience i expect to get ALL the time.
Numerical - 120 Resto Druid.
Kerwinola - 120 Havoc DH
Vionnet - 110 Resto Shaman
Guccii - 120 Holy/Disc Priest
Cavanagh - 110 Holy/Prot Pally
Capucci - 110 Blood DK
Versatchi - 110 Hunter
Mishika - 110 Warlock
Neave - 120 Mage
Prisha 120 Monk

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#6 » 18 Nov 2011, 20:40

Pretolkos wrote:From what I heard, you aren't allowed to queue in a group; it's single-queue only.

You can actually queue in an existing group looking for more players. It will be LFR difficulty however.

Pretolkos
Raid Leader - Admin
Raid Leader - Admin

Post#7 » 18 Nov 2011, 20:42

Really? Another guildmember is the person who told me he couldn't queue with a friend.

Ninjapaws

Post#8 » 20 Nov 2011, 00:17

i will test this out tomarrow! i really think you can Q with a friend tho...and if you cant they should put it in cause thats really annoying.

its a ease at mind, knowing ill have a healer or that i know has done the fights and can do their jobs correctly.

Zerstoerer

Post#9 » 20 Nov 2011, 08:34

Yeah the LFR queues were very quick in my experience as well (under 10 minutes) and while you certainly had some bad players as with any pugs, it really didn't' matter. If the content stays as it is, it will be a loot-pinata - all my groups one or two shotted the bosses. I got through the entire 4.3 content - LFR, heroics and DMF in 3 days last week spending a few hours on the PTR per day.

-Z

Nullfox

Post#10 » 22 Nov 2011, 08:10

10 sec. in Queues For Me . And I Downed Deathwing. Maybe I Just Got Lucky But It Was Pretty Great For Me.

Soomi

Post#11 » 23 Nov 2011, 09:13

My other guild cleared 7/8 normal Raid. We are on Madness of Deathwing, but the fight looks pretty easy so far.

Then I went to LFR to see if I can get my 4 set bonus so I can test it out, and the fights are friggin joke. Normal raid and LFR raid are COMPLETELY different. You can basically heal through even stupid mistakes and it's definitely not comparable to the normal raids. There is nothing that can one shot you, pretty much. Normal raid....you can definitely get 1 shotted.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#12 » 23 Nov 2011, 11:57

Soomi wrote:My other guild cleared 7/8 normal Raid. We are on Madness of Deathwing, but the fight looks pretty easy so far.

Then I went to LFR to see if I can get my 4 set bonus so I can test it out, and the fights are friggin joke. Normal raid and LFR raid are COMPLETELY different. You can basically heal through even stupid mistakes and it's definitely not comparable to the normal raids. There is nothing that can one shot you, pretty much. Normal raid....you can definitely get 1 shotted.

Wait, what? The LFR raids are zoned at a lower difficulty?!
The Champ Is Here.

Brenstel

Post#13 » 23 Nov 2011, 14:23

Cremate wrote:
Soomi wrote:My other guild cleared 7/8 normal Raid. We are on Madness of Deathwing, but the fight looks pretty easy so far.

Wait, what? The LFR raids are zoned at a lower difficulty?!

yes and drop gear at ilvl 381 iirc but its the only way to get the tier 13 pieces since you can no longer buy them with valor

My next question is ..is there lots of trash or is it quick and to the point? If you are group with a good LFR group...how long would it take to clear the place?

Soomi

Post#14 » 23 Nov 2011, 14:56

Actually, the LFR gear is ilevel 384. The normal raids that are not from LFR are ilevel 391 gear. And yes, they have lower health on the boss, less damage, and it's just stupid easy.

It's hard to say how well a pug would do since it's the PTR. I noticed if you had mostly EU people in the raid, things went smoothly lol LFR, I almost cleared the whole place, but some people had to leave towards the end of DeathWing. It took approxmimately 2 hours to clear 5 bosses with not much trash. Trash is very aoe-able and we did not use ANY cc on them. I am not sure if they might change the trash part since in PTR they minimize trash like they did with Firelands PTR testing.

Brenstel

Post#15 » 24 Nov 2011, 22:21

do the new heroics have a normal mode and heroic mode like in LK?

Return to “Open Discussion”