ugh i dont know what to do, confused lol

Open discussions about anything! Let's keep it Rated R (or better)!
Dead

ugh i dont know what to do, confused lol

Post#1 » 11 Sep 2012, 10:54

well after many longs hours and days of testing every toon i was considering at lvl 90 on the beta.

boomkin - fun class, like some of the new stuff, some of the stuff the same. just not a class i see myself raiding with regularly with.

war - tested them out, always just been a class i want to like, but just cant seem to like.

DK - a class that i really love, but i refuse to play frost or unholy and im not much of tank person when it comes to raiding. man i miss when blood was DPS. SCREW U BLIZZ! lol

Mage - can be fun in pvp, but for raiding id rather play my Spriest i have alot more fun with her.

pally - never tanked with one if i wanted to tank id go DK for sure, Ret was meh imo. Holy is fun i do love healing with a pally more then a priest, but id want dps to be my main spec and heals offset. (think im just a ranged player at heart.)

Hunter - its sad they dont boost marksman back to being worth while. surv is still pretty good, a little klunky imo with all the new abilities seem to be focused towards BM. BM is defnitely the spec Blizz wants hunters to raid with, they are doing everything they can to make BM the spec to be. dont get me wrong they havent killed surv its pretty close dps wise. also thrill of the hunt seems to be focused more for surv and MM. specially since arcane shot is surv top dmg ability at 90(atm anyways).

priest - i wasnt to fond of the shadow changes at first, infact i didnt really get the hang of it or really understand where they were going with it till i sat down with a friend in MS, but now that i understand the shadow orbs system im really starting to fall back in love with my shadow priest.

so bottom line im having a hard time figuring out with to main my Spriest again for mists or if i should stick with my hunter.

i main'd my shadow priest from icc to firelands, then for dragon soul i wanted a change of pace and switched to my hunter, now that DS is over with and main switches are available i decided to sit down and think about it.

i know the decision is mine, but i guess im looking for some feedback from my fellow raiders and guildies that might inspire me to go either way.

SO, what do you guys think? care to maybe add somthing to any of the above or care to share some knowledge?

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: ugh i dont know what to do, confused lol

Post#2 » 11 Sep 2012, 12:59

My first character I ever made was my druid. I have a lot of great memories on him. In cats I decided to switch to my death knight to tank. I loved it. I just kept getting pulled back to my druid because of how much I love the entire class.

Don't play a class based on how well it does in the numbers or which class you think is "better." I would recommend playing the class you enjoy and love playing the most. You can always find a way to increase your own numbers no matter what the state of dps web sites say.

Plethoras
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#3 » 11 Sep 2012, 13:10

I Agree i play my hunter has survival cause i love Survival spec BM and MM could be 10k more DPS i would still not switch from survival I play what i love to play whats the point of playing a game if you donèt like what you doing..

Tailosaurus

Post#4 » 11 Sep 2012, 13:17

This may sound a little dorky, but I would sit down and write a list of the things that you really like about each class, and then compare and see what's more important. Putting it on paper (or in a Notepad document or whatever) will help you with perspective and eliminate a bit of the shiny shiny "grass is greener" factor.

For example, my list would be... (note: I'm a little biased)

Hunter:
- Can MD adds to people I dislike
- Can avoid dying and save a repair bill on obvious wipes
- ???

Shadow Priest:
- Less riding the buff/nerf train. Because there is only one DPS spec for the class, Blizz is extremely unlikely to make it absurdly shitty like they did with BM for several expansions at a time. There will always be times where you're more/less powerful than others, but the variance will probably be smaller.
- Get offspecs that can heal. I like having offspecs that can play different roles.
- Shadowform looks cool.

etc.

Dead

Post#5 » 12 Sep 2012, 10:57

yea im not really worried about playing a class that does best dps, if i was id probably just play my mage since they are usually always at the top of the charts.

just sucks when you got two classes you kinda want to play at the same time, but i think im leaning towards my shadow priest right now. having tons of fun with her also i can get a healing offset to kinda switch things up abit like mentioned. but at the same time im thinking but i kinda wanna play my hunter and shoot people with my bow =)

decisions, decisions i hate them! lol

Return to “Open Discussion”