Faction Discussion

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Faction Discussion

Post#1 » 27 Mar 2014, 00:37

Exiles - A GUTSY GROUP OF OUTCASTS AND MERCENARIES WHO HAVE COME TO NEXUS TO FIND A NEW HOME.

Dominion - A POWERFUL EMPIRE FOUNDED BY THE ELDAN THAT CLAIMS NEXUS AS ITS RIGHTFUL LEGACY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal evaluation: I'm sort of clumping the Exiles like the (WoW) Alliance or (Star Wars) Republic, the perceived "good" force. The Dominion come across as the arrogant "bad guys" like the (WoW) Horde or Empire (Star Wars)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exiles:

Human - After centuries of wandering the Fringe in their ramshackle fleet, humans are ready to settle down on Nexus using grit, backbone, and some old-fashioned elbow grease. And if those Dominion bastards are looking for a fight? Bring it on!

WoW Equivalent = Humans

Granok - Banished from their homeworld after a bloody war with the Dominion, the Granok are a race of skull-cracking, hard-charging galactic mercenaries that have come to Nexus to kick ass and drink beer. Not necessarily in that order.

WoW Equivalent = None - (Giant rock people)

Aurin - Small but scrappy, the Aurin are a race of forest dwellers whose homeworld was ravaged by the Dominion. They might be into hugging trees, but they're more than ready to bare tooth and claw to defend their new home on Nexus.

[i]WoW Equivalent = Similar to the night elves[/i]

Mordesh - Cursed with a degenerative disease after delving into the forbidden secrets of alchemy, the Mordesh have come to Nexus to find a cure. Being a space zombie can be complicated. Unleashing dark and deadly disciplines on the Dominion? Much simpler.

WoW Equivalent = Undead

Dominion

Cassian - Long ago, the Cassians were chosen by the Eldan to establish the Dominion - and they're going to make sure the pathetic vermin infesting the galaxy don't forget it. Destiny is a terribly heavy burden, and the Cassians bear it with style.

WoW Equivalent = Humans

Mechari - Engineered by the Eldan themselves, the Mechari are a race of highly-efficient killing machines that make it their business to eliminate traitors and spies on Nexus. Sense of humor? Not one of their strong points.

WoW Equivalent = None (Robots)

Draken - Forged in the heat and dust of their savage homeworld, the Draken have come to Nexus to prove they are the most badass warriors in the galaxy. Eviscerations, disembowelments, and decapitations will definitely be involved.

WoW Equivalent = None (Demons, think Illidan)

Chua - Nearly as brilliant as they are sociopathic, the Chua are mischievous inventors who develop advanced weapons and technology for the Dominion. Science has never been more fun – or agonizing

WoW Equivalent = None (Think gnome sized, rabbit creatures)

I'm personally leaning Dominion, but maybe 55% to 45%. I like the idea of being the "bad guys" and I like the Chua, Mechari and the Draken (in that order). I've never been one to play a human class (and only did it in WoW for the experience perk once the game became rep farming based in late WOTLK). I do like the looks of the Mordesh, Granok and Aurin (in that order) too and could be persuaded

I've been looking for some racial abilities information, but haven't turned up anything just yet, as that may persuade me to move towards one class AND faction over another. Everything I have read so far seems to lean towards the idea that there is NO RACIAL ABILITIES and instead you develop your selected PATH that gives you little perks and neat tricks instead.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100