Overwatch Beta Starts 10/27

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Overwatch Beta Starts 10/27

Post#1 » 21 Oct 2015, 04:02

Official invites have not gone out yet, but Blizzard has set the official date of the Closed Beta. Noone knows who invites will go out to... but word is (from reliable sources) that content creators such as Youtubers, Twitch.tv streamers, Podcasters, etc... will be receiving the first round of invites. That makes sense, as Blizzard wants people playing the beta that will continue to build hype for the upcoming release.

That being said, I would assume invites will go out to a decent size pool of regular beta testers as well. They have to have enough population to have active servers at all times throughout the beta. Hopefully they will invite testers based on seniority with the beta sign ups. So those of us that signed up a year ago when the game was first announced, will have a better chance. But we shall see.

In the mean time, there is a ton of information available on

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch

Youtube and Twitch will be breaming with info after the 27th as well.

BELL, can we get a "Other Games: Overwatch" section please? Maybe we can scratch some of the games we are no longer active in as a guild.
The Champ Is Here.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Re: Overwatch Beta Starts 10/27

Post#2 » 21 Oct 2015, 06:11

Done.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 21 Oct 2015, 12:52

I am praying to the gods that I am one of those invited in the first wave.

They are looking for people to test and analyze the game and people that will give feedback to improve the game. I suggest if you want to get invited back to future betas that you do that. After all, that is the purpose of the beta. The people that usually get invited first are not only the youtubers and streamers, but the people that give positive feedback and constructive criticism while playing the beta, rather than just playing it for fun.

I will test the shit out of Overwatch.

Schwarm

Post#4 » 21 Oct 2015, 16:27

Ahh I am so pumped for Overwatch... I enjoyed TF2, but it lacked the diversity that keeps me interested in a game. I want a beta invite so badly!

Thirdeye
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#5 » 27 Oct 2015, 10:43

just an FYI you can predownload the game even if your not invited yet. That way if you do get invited you don't have to install

Go to the directory of your Battle.net app (Where the Battle.net Launcher.exe is located)

Shift right click somewhere in the directory ( In a empty space)

Open command window here.

Type "battle.net.exe --game=prometheus --install" without the quotes.

Return to “Overwatch”