Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Mata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: Bye bye Steam

Post#18 » 18 Apr 2016, 17:47

Love it, looks like they gave me closed beta because I can still play it today. :D
Matamage -120
Matamonk - BrM/WW - 120
Mata - Prot/Fury - 120
Matabear - Guardian/Feral -110
Matadin - Prot/Ret - 120
Matadh - Vengeance/Havoc - 120
Matadk - Blood/Unholy - 120
Matashami - Ele/Enh - 120
Matapretre - 110
Bigevils - 120

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#19 » 18 Apr 2016, 18:13

Cremate wrote:I enjoyed my time playing Overwatch, but for me, three things are big hang ups...

$60 for a game with no Single Player campaign? Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield all have single player content for that price. CSGO and TF2 do not... but they have never cost more than $20. And with all of the awesome lore tied to these characters, the single player would have been EPIC! Blizzard is getting a bit full of itself to be putting out half a game, at full game price.

Well technically the base game only costs $40 so you should base how much it is worth off of that price. The $60 version is the collectors/origins edition. And that $40 pays for ALL future heroes and maps.

In every modern game Blizzard has put out, they relentlessly fuck up the classes periodically. In Starcraft, they will reduce the health of certain unit comps that they feel are "too popular"... in Diablo III they will increase the cooldown of specific abilities they feel aren't "fun"... in WoW they tweak and screw classes in every patch. They don't believe in "If it's not broke, don't fix it." Blizzard creates content longevity by forcing people to relearn or reroll to the numerous pointless tweaks they make. And I don't enjoy that sort of development. I don't want to learn a class, love a class, and devote countless hours to a class... only to have it made worthless the next patch they put out. It infuriated me for years in WoW, and if I start playing Overwatch, and they are doing the same thing, I will drop the game in a heartbeat.

I have been playing overwatch since the second wave of beta invites. They have made a TON of class changes. Some were huge like Torbjorn and Bastion and most were small. At no point was any of the classes unplayable. Yes at times some classes were partially overtuned or undertuned, but they were quickly fixed. This is not a game like WoW or Diablo where they need to wait until a large content patch to apply changes. This is a shooter where they can easily make changes if something is a little broken. They will not completely change the playstyle of a class, they will only change the numbers for balance purposes.

I think the cosmetic crate system in Overwatch sucks. Compared to TF2 or CSGO the number of available cosmetics is just plain tiny. I personally like the collectible crates that are in games like H1Z1 or CSGO... I like finding really rare items to show off... or trade... or gift. With the limited 100 or so cosmetics in Overwatch, everyone will have all of them within just a few short months. Granted, the game is not F2P and microtransactions in a game that already costs $60 would be harsh.

I prefer the loot system in Overwatch by far. I HATE that you are given a loot box in H1Z1 and CS:GO and are forced to pay money to open it. You also have to realize that this game is literally just coming out. TF2 came out in 2007 and CS:GO came out in 2012 and already had a huge following before that. Overwatch also has more variety than just skins. It has victory poses, highlight intros, sprays, emotes, and voice lines. Even just in the closed beta, a lot of new cosmetics have been constantly added.

There also was a 'Shop' option earlier in the beta that was taken out. If it is brought back it may allow for buying currency and possibly trading later on at.

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#20 » 20 Apr 2016, 21:48

I also wouldn't mind setting up a day to run Competitive matches with a group of guildies for an hour or so once a week. Raid hours will be cut down by that time and allow for more overwatch time.

Just a thought

Jaedaddy

Post#21 » 21 Apr 2016, 07:55

I'll be playing as well!

Evolutious

Post#22 » 29 Apr 2016, 14:51

Hey guys, I just got my early access beta key and it included a friend key as well. If any one of you did not get in the early access beta and would like to, hit me up and i will give you the key. it is first come, first serve!

Infe

Post#23 » 29 Apr 2016, 15:00

Krazyyy KUNG BUDDY GIVE ME THAT KEY

Evolutious

Post#24 » 29 Apr 2016, 15:39

Infe wrote:Krazyyy KUNG BUDDY GIVE ME THAT KEY

All yours!

Infe

Post#25 » 29 Apr 2016, 16:00