What team composition do you think is optimal?

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Re: What team composition do you think is optimal?

Post#16 » 11 May 2016, 01:51

Dillweed wrote:Well that is her purpose. If she gets behind the enemy line she can freeze and easily kill any low health heroes that get too close to her. She is not supposed to do a ton of damage, but she is a utility that can freeze enemies that can then be focused down by the team. If you can even just annoy the hell out of the other team, it will keep them off of the objective for longer. She is very powerful on either side if played right.

Maybe. But how important is "annoying the enemy team" compared to just plain killing the enemy team. I did not see many Mei POTGs or Vote cards at the end of matches, which leads me to believe she is lacking in the actual eliminations and damage done department. And "getting behind enemy lines" is more of a challenge for her considering she was given no speed boost, no teleport ability, and no wall climbing like others... basically, she can get behind enemy lines only if she walks through unnoticed, lol. I'm not saying she is bad... like I said, she is a pain. I just don't think she is strong enough to take the place of SOME of the other defense or dps characters.
The Champ Is Here.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#17 » 11 May 2016, 04:54

The Champ Is Here.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#18 » 11 May 2016, 06:00

Dillweed wrote:Last night I played a game with some guildies against a team that decided to pick 3 Reinhardt. Mei was a very good counter because her wall can block his charge, she can sneak behind and freeze him as well as make him turn around, and Mei's ultimate did really well since everyone is usually stacked behind the Reinhardt.

Was this the same game I was in? I played the game against three Reinharts and the best counter was a Reinhart... They played stacked up, clumped in a group. As soon as they came around the corner i charged them all, knocked them back did my ultimate and swung my weapon until they were dead... i did this a couple times, even got play of the game for it. The one where i killed them, then kept swinging at their dead bodies :P

The only weakness was they getting a charge off before mine or we charged into each other... but it only happened a few times.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Smokebear

Post#19 » 11 May 2016, 08:27

While playing solo and with a few b.net friends I found this set-up would usually result in the most wins, depending on team communication of course!

1-2 tanks, Reinhardt and Winston

1-2 Support/Heals, Lucio and Mercy (AOE and ST heals, plus rez and speed boosts and armor buff for pushes)

1 Bastion/Tjorblorn Dwarf

1-3 other DPS of whatever choice, Mei/Junkrat/Pharah/Genji/Hanzo/Tracer seemed to help nicely

Winston will be the kamikaze, jumping into the group ahead and distracting them. Reinhardt at the front of the group with his shield up, bastion or the dwarf with their turrets behind the shield for protection. Mercy in the back providing straight up heals, Lucio going around the group providing aoe heals to this shield team and the few DPS that are running a few yards ahead/behind to pick off flankers. And the rest of the dps are either above or below, scouting out for flankers and whatnot. Just stay on the objective and relatively close as a group and 9/10 times the team won!

Still not sure how to counter a team with nothing but 6 Tjorblorn Dwarves with their turrets on defense, crossing all points of view so no matter where your group goes or tries to flank, there's 2-3 turrets hitting you asap >.<

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#20 » 11 May 2016, 12:30

Bellarionna wrote:Was this the same game I was in? I played the game against three Reinharts and the best counter was a Reinhart... They played stacked up, clumped in a group. As soon as they came around the corner i charged them all, knocked them back did my ultimate and swung my weapon until they were dead... i did this a couple times, even got play of the game for it. The one where i killed them, then kept swinging at their dead bodies :P

The only weakness was they getting a charge off before mine or we charged into each other... but it only happened a few times.

I wasn't taking all the credit their, I know you annihalted their team a few times as reinhardt. I just know I always found my self disttracting them and disabling them from having their shields up whenever I go up there. The one thing that stopped me was the McCree hanging out behind them.

Cremate wrote:
Dillweed wrote:Well that is her purpose. If she gets behind the enemy line she can freeze and easily kill any low health heroes that get too close to her. She is not supposed to do a ton of damage, but she is a utility that can freeze enemies that can then be focused down by the team. If you can even just annoy the hell out of the other team, it will keep them off of the objective for longer. She is very powerful on either side if played right.

Maybe. But how important is "annoying the enemy team" compared to just plain killing the enemy team. I did not see many Mei POTGs or Vote cards at the end of matches, which leads me to believe she is lacking in the actual eliminations and damage done department. And "getting behind enemy lines" is more of a challenge for her considering she was given no speed boost, no teleport ability, and no wall climbing like others... basically, she can get behind enemy lines only if she walks through unnoticed, lol. I'm not saying she is bad... like I said, she is a pain. I just don't think she is strong enough to take the place of SOME of the other defense or dps characters.

Well you could also think of her as reducing your teams damage taken and increasing kill potential by distracting and freezing certain targets. No, she will almost never get PoTG and you won't see any high eliminations on her, but her utility can be very useful against certain teams on certain maps. That being said she is not very good against a pharah or tracer and basically anyone who is able to keep a distance from her, but that is about all.

I will play her whenever I get a chance, because I love playing her and it is so much fun freezing people and just impaling their face with an icicle.

Return to “Overwatch”