Overwatch communication...

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Overwatch communication...

Post#1 » 19 May 2016, 12:54

I'd like to get a formal discussion going on how we want to communicate with Overwatch... during the beta I had people refuse to use vent, and people refuse to use in-game coms which made playing more difficult than normal...

Vent Pro: We can talk outside of matches, form up teams quickly, replace open spots, communicate cross-teams

Vent Cons: Any filler we play with (ie: not a full team) probably won't want to jump on vent

What are your thoughts?
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Infe

Re: Overwatch communication...

Post#2 » 19 May 2016, 12:56

the in-game comms are great. it's primarily what i prefer when playing overwatch.

Judgefest
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#3 » 19 May 2016, 13:09

well.... if it's anything like when i play any online game, I assume there's lots of non angry screaming. Kreygasms over the plays that get made, a couple of "not even close bby"s here and there. maybe some "git shit on!!!!" or "get'em outta here!!!", so yes. Vent would be great. :D

Dillweed
Guild Member
Guild Member

Post#4 » 19 May 2016, 14:05

Well in Overwatch voice chat there is a specific group chat channel that lets you communicate with your group only. You can also switch over to the team channel if you need to communicate with another person on the team.

Not sure why people would be against in game chat. It is also just a bit easier for me since I don't want to have to turn off in game voice so you don't hear double Dill.

I know you like to say "We pay a 150$ a year for vent, therefore we should use it." It is just easier to use in game voice chat since it is implemented there and having to use another program with inferior sound quality just doesn't make sense.

Judgefest wrote:well.... if it's anything like when i play any online game, I assume there's lots of non angry screaming. Kreygasms over the plays that get made, a couple of "not even close bby"s here and there. maybe some "git shit on!!!!" or "get'em outta here!!!", so yes. Vent would be great. :D

This is a rarity within overwatch and talking on vent would not be a solution in any way. It is very easy to just mute someone in game. Also team communication is crucial.

Bellarionna
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#5 » 19 May 2016, 14:32

I'm leaning in-game with someone on vent to communicate between teams if/when necessary or forming groups.
-------- Stormrage - Alliance
Bellarionna - 110
Fiachro - 100
Lytheriah - 100
Barlick - 100
Kunjal - 100
Lyzebel - 100
Euphus - 100
Veylla - 100
Anatou - 100
Shalla - 100
Maevissa - 100
Kazgru - 98
Zadey (90) / Annabark (92) - Retired
-------- Bleeding Hollow - Horde
Selyndia - 90
Onetunn - 87

Mgear

Post#6 » 19 May 2016, 15:11

I think we should use vent for overwatch. We can use the overwatch lobby to find people to play with and join one of the channels below it. I will say the voice coms are really good in that game but unless everyone adds each other to battlenet it might be hard to join a group.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#7 » 19 May 2016, 15:14

Judgefest wrote:well.... if it's anything like when i play any online game, I assume there's lots of non angry screaming. Kreygasms over the plays that get made, a couple of "not even close bby"s here and there. maybe some "git shit on!!!!" or "get'em outta here!!!", so yes. Vent would be great. :D

The in game comms are your team only.
The Champ Is Here.

Infe

Post#8 » 19 May 2016, 15:20

The in-game comms are just too easy and convenient not to use them. I really don't understand anyone's dislike for it.

Cremate
Visitor
Visitor

Post#9 » 19 May 2016, 15:22

As much as I would love to expect a full group of our friends playing at all times... the reality is we will often be filling 2-3 spots with pugs, and therefore in-game comms would be much more convenient.
The Champ Is Here.

Infe

Post#10 » 19 May 2016, 15:24

Cremate wrote:As much as I would love to expect a full group of our friends playing at all times... the reality is we will often be filling 2-3 spots with pugs, and therefore in-game comms would be much more convenient.

+1

It would take too long to get pugs in vent anyways lol

Sonick
Guild Friend
Guild Friend

Post#11 » 19 May 2016, 19:20

Cremate wrote:As much as I would love to expect a full group of our friends playing at all times... the reality is we will often be filling 2-3 spots with pugs, and therefore in-game comms would be much more convenient.

+2
Retired AM Team Raid Leader
Battle.Net: Sonick#1178 / Discord: Sonick#7560
My Twitch Stream - Druid - Warrior - Hunter

Return to “Overwatch”